If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: RANDOM SHOTS FROM BC  (Read 291688 times)

JJG

Re: RANDOM SHOTS FROM BC
« Reply #1485 on: January 27, 2019, 12:06:56 PM »
Good coverage of the local scene.
Snow?
Where's tha dam* snow?
We've got quite a bit in Ontario if you'd like some.

**Update an hour or so later**
"Former Esso" in Chilliwack?
Who runs it now?
Hank took a lot of cool pictures there in the early days of the website.

No snow Rob........and I'm quite OK with that ::)
You're right, hank did make it a usual on his outings.......I learned from him, also made it a point to stop in there to see, now it is an empty lot.....awaiting who knows what! There are quite a few Card Lock Stations in that area that have opened up but never yield the same kind of traffic.

Jim.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:11:31 AM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1485 on: January 27, 2019, 12:06:56 PM »

JJG

« Reply #1486 on: February 13, 2019, 12:20:17 AM »
A few updates from the dreary short days of winter!
 This one comes right to my window, a W900L from Searcy of Winnipeg, has a load of vinyl fencing for a tenant who shares space where I work out of

after he unloaded, I was able to nab him slightly  on the way out

there was a trailer mounted crane stored in behind where the fencing is stored, this Mega Crane IH 9400ix came in to fetch it along with a 9900ix tractor with the tandem bogies on a short flat deck, unfortunately, I was not able to catch the other one as he was nosed into the corner, never noticed either of them leaving with the crane but a few hrs later it was all gone.

most of these shots were "in case of a picture of the day ", this one being Friday after work, some dusting of snow and cold weather made for a dirty Super Save tanker, not often I see them filthy

this one is from Saturday morning, a bitter cold wind but a clear day

Rob, Archer........you want to know where the snow is? Look no further, we have some now, 2 days in a row and winter is ON! On my way in to work Monday morning, 3D comes wide while I wait and take advantage with camera in hand

inside the gate, yes, looks so nice but........not a fan of everything that goes with it!

this gives the dump truckers a couple 3 days off

and this one would have been today's picture, a sharp little Peterbilt 330/340(?) vacuum truck

an that brings us up to date.....wonder what tomorrow brings, warm up, some sun, then some rain and back into the deep freeze......oh joy! It is the coldest February since 1929 here, -8 at night and -3 or -4 in the day time.....give me summer ::)

Jim.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:46:05 AM by JJG »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #1487 on: February 13, 2019, 07:20:18 AM »
My POTD was a lament Jim.
Ontario has become a wimpy province - the storm of yesterday was forecast since the weekend and the entire region just about went into panic mode.
It was a snow storm with some freezing rain.
I'm getting too old ....or the weather forecasters are getting too dramatic.
I understand the Lower Mainland getting in a wad over a snow storm - it's supposed to be rare where you are!

Nice pics...I'm sure the guy from Winterpeg was enjoying the warmth.

Isn't there a Husky in Chilliwack?
ESSO and Husky were joining forces in the truckstop business.
https://www.trucknews.com/infrastructure/husky-energy-imperial-oil-to-combine-truck-fuel-networks/1003068058/

Rob

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1488 on: February 13, 2019, 02:42:13 PM »
The KW W900L looks good lit up with all the lights, though he appears to have a burnt out one on the bumper.
The WS is really nice, the little sleeper looks like it'd be cozy (for a night or two) ;D.
The shot of the yellow Pete with all the snow is cool, but what do I glimpse in the background, looks like an old cabover fire truck?
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #1489 on: February 13, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »
I'm a fan of the Super Save Pete 567 tanker tandem....any idea how far he goes with a sleeper Jim? ???

JJG

« Reply #1490 on: February 14, 2019, 11:54:51 PM »
I read your lament Rob, I agree, sometimes they seem to panic, it seems to be the right thing to do as it is only school and children, better keep them safe then risk it maybe? I know when we were young it was 2-3 foot snowfalls that would give you a day off!

Charlie, not sure just how many terminals they have but I have seen the Surrey based trucks out into the interior, a good 4-5 hrs run one way.

Good eye on the light out Wreckerman, that must be a full time job to keep them all glowing, definitely in this crappy weather! You are correct, that is a GMC T9500 ex-fire truck, no longer has the pumper unit on it! I do have some pictures of it on the main site,I can take a couple better shots of it tomorrow, it is mine, sold it once but the guy never picked it up! So........will sell or trade, maybe a cool little vintage tractor of sorts, looking for a GMC 70's vintage, air, so I can pull a few trailers around!! If it didn't have the canopy cab I might just shorten it up, put a 5th wheel on it for some fun. It has the 637 V8 , air, 5&2, 13,000 miles and 1000 hrs on it, just broken in!

Jim

Jim Herriot

• Regular Membership
  • ........who?........
« Reply #1491 on: February 15, 2019, 05:31:02 AM »
GMC T9500 ex-fire truck, no longer has the pumper unit on it! I do have some pictures of it on the main site,I can take a couple better shots of it tomorrow,

...from a warmer time. ;D...Jim. ;)

...duties and obligations, before pleasures and desires...

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #1492 on: February 15, 2019, 06:27:30 PM »
Nice stuff Jim/Jim H. That GMC fire truck is unique. Agree with Charlie on the Super Save 567 b-train, that's really neat and I'd love to see more of it. The W900 at the top is cool too.

JJG

« Reply #1493 on: February 16, 2019, 12:47:56 AM »
Nice stuff Jim/Jim H. That GMC fire truck is unique. Agree with Charlie on the Super Save 567 b-train, that's really neat and I'd love to see more of it. The W900 at the top is cool too.

I think  have some more pictures of it, not that often I see the B-train configuration here in town, they seem to favor it out of town more? I see it more often with a sharp  tridem tank painted to match. I should create a thread for them maybe.

Jim.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:55:32 AM by JJG »

JJG

« Reply #1494 on: February 16, 2019, 12:54:09 AM »
Thanks Jim H ! That was a much finer day for sure!! It certainly doesn't take long to get more stained in moss and mildew, I won't add a pic of today from the front but here is one of the side and rear for you Wreckerman.

and one from the rear

On the main page is a picture that was sent to me by the Canadian Fire Truck Archives as I tracked it down to be originally owned by the Campbell River (BC) Fire Dept. It was yellow and white in her glory days.

Jim.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:57:12 AM by JJG »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1495 on: February 16, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
Wow, that's a really neat rig there! 8)

JJG

« Reply #1496 on: March 01, 2019, 01:34:34 AM »
A few shots from the last week, a quick point and shoot of a Supersave Freightliner 114SD  vacuum truck

ABF Mack Pinnacle with doubles in Surrey  Campbell Heights Industrial park

A United Van Lines Freightliner Coronado 1st gen getting some dinner

and from today, this fine heavy duty Western Star tractor with a HIAB on the back

Jim.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:39:19 AM by JJG »

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #1497 on: March 01, 2019, 10:13:08 PM »
The big Western Star sure is cool, and according to what it says on the fender, that's "Pricilla".  :D

JJG

« Reply #1498 on: March 01, 2019, 11:02:48 PM »
The big Western Star sure is cool, and according to what it says on the fender, that's "Pricilla".  :D

Yeah,.......I noticed that too,,,,,which then led me to wonder if that is the truck or his girl or his woman..........usually if a wife or woman it is on the passenger door but who knows!! One thing for sure......Pricilla is significant.

Jim

JJG

« Reply #1499 on: March 10, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »
Last week I had a "wait for an hour " moment mid day in a Surrey, took advantage of the situation and parked at a corner, enjoyed the sun and took a few pictures. A well worked Sterling is in hunt of an excavator

this Freightliner Columbia looks to be an ex Fortin Transport from PQ

funky 80's IH Cargoatar with a bit of a grim load

next a KW W900B(?) with a HIAB and a flat deck heads EB

I'm sure this IH900ix would have preferred to go thru a truck wash before I caught him, I would have liked that too!

A KW T800 roll off with bin follows, the Toyota Forerunner isn't a bad colour match to him

K-Dac IH Prostar makes his way EB on HWY #10, as are all so far

couldn't make out the name on this Western Star 4700 tractor

looks like our Sterling buddy DID find an excavator....how cool is that now! He is WB now!

Jim.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:21:25 PM by JJG »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1499 on: March 10, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs