If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: on the road  (Read 477092 times)

RobG

Re: on the road
« Reply #2790 on: June 17, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »
So I had something kind of crazy happen to me this week.I am going down Hwy 43,my usual route between Edmonton and Grande Prairie,on a short stretch were there is a slight uphill grade.This grade slows me down to about 90 kph.At this point a guy in a pickup slams into the back of me at a rate of speed considerably faster than what I was doing.His truck lodged under the back of my trailer so I drug him onto the shoulder and stopped.The guy was okay despite his airbag not going off.When talking to him to make sure he is okay he starts saying that he cannot stay and be caught by the RCMP.So when I get 911 on the phone I tell them the RCMP need to get here ASAP because this guy has his bags in his hand and is going to run.Sure enough ,right after I get off the phone the guy says to me "if they catch me I am going to jail for a year " and he then takes off running.Within a few minutes the fire department show up and soon after the RCMP.They were able to track the guy down in a wooded area using dogs.It sounded like he had warrants out for his arrest for stuff like aggravated assault.

I made sure I got pictures of the point of impact and the drag marks so no one can say I was stopped on the shoulder when it happened

I was lucky that when they pulled the pickup away from my trailer my bumper went with the truck.I was able to roll after that,didn't even have a flat tire.I finished my trip and now my trailers are in the shop getting the back end rebuilt.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2790 on: June 17, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2791 on: June 17, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »
Crazy stuff for sure. :o Smart thinking taking all those pictures........this guy sounded like a nut. ::) Glad you're ok & the trailer just needs a quick fix. :)

Wreckerman

• Regular Membership
  • 🇺🇸
« Reply #2792 on: June 17, 2018, 09:56:43 AM »
Yep, I second what Charlie said, that dude sounded like a nutter. :P
Glad you came out of that deal ok! :D
Move Over & Slow Down for Stopped Emergency Vehicles.
This Includes Tow Trucks and Their Operators.

JJG

« Reply #2793 on: June 17, 2018, 04:09:53 PM »
Wow!! Another story for the career book Rob, one of those that picture proof is the perfect solution, at least the guy didn't have a weapon and didn't harm you in any way, 90 KM, not like you were going slow!! Glad it all turned out well!

Jim.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2793 on: June 17, 2018, 04:09:53 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs