Author Topic: Recent pics from my local spot  (Read 2838 times)

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
Re: Recent pics from my local spot
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
Cool to see that SGT has gotten some T700s. I also like that Bellemare Paystar. What a beast. 8)

X2!

X3!
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »
Merci, Thank you very much Gerard for that Chriscott Kenworth T660!! What a sweet looking rig it is in your photo. I too have caught that one in the summer but your shot of it is better ;)! What a really great series this has turned out since I last commented!! some really nice looking rigs you have caught!! My favourite of the whole series so far is this black Peterbilt flattop! Really sharp truck, everything matches on it with just the right amount of chrome and accesories.The trucks that I love the most are in this series. Maybe Because their mostly Petes but that Volvo isn't bad at all. Does anyone notice this along with me? Volvo's 10 or more years ago looked like cheap rattle trucks! But now I feel their one of the more appealing brands to truckers along with their style!! I also like your catch on the SGT Kenworth T700. Rare to see for me. I wouldn't have expected them to get some because didn't they get a lot of 587 Petes? I hope someone will get T700's from companies like Earl Paddock and Kurtz. 
Thank's guys for the comments. Here is another serie.

I took quite a few nice Pete flat top lately. I guess that they are mostly 0/0 and they put their identification in odd places where they are often difficult to read.

Amex Inc. is from Ste-Helene-de-Bagot.  I know the name because I have ever taken them in a truckstop earlier this year.

This black one is interesting but he is still not identified for me.

I should say the same for this one too.

Thissteel hauler  is for LCH . It is one of the rare Chriscott I have  seen in my neck of the wood this year.

I about never see VT Volvo and now , within one week, I have seen three. This VT 830  pull a trailer for a small bulk hauler from Ste-Martine, Transport Thibault & Fils.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:19:42 PM by LocalCoilHauler »
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

MAC Trailers - The Best of the Best!!

RobG

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 04:08:00 AM »
Love the three flattops,especially the orange 389.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 05:43:10 AM »
Thank's for the comments. Here is a few more I took at the beginning of this week, the day before we got 15cm of snow.  But it was 10 Celsius yesterday and this morning snow is almost all gone.

I rarely see  WD Potatoes trucks in my neck of the wood.  But when I see them, I always get two  within one hour. I don't know if they still have their great looking KW W-900. In the last few years I have only seen Peterbilt with them.

Last time I took a pic of a truck from Slade's Cartage out of Gormly ON was in 2002. So I was quite surprise to  see this straight body.

Hay haulers around here are not as interesting as the one in Western USA.  They seem to have well used trucks. The first one is a former Beloeil St-Hilaire unit and the second is an old  Transport Cloutier Binder.

Transport Robert  have added this KW T-700 to his Megantic division almost two years ago.  It is the only one I have ever seen in their yellow livery.

Remorquage Impact is a local heavy towing and recovery company . They have added this T-800 wrecker  about a year ago. Recently they have added a Lonestar tractor pulling a slider but I have not been able to take it in picture yet.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 05:52:58 AM »
Nice catch on the two WD Potatoes Petes. They just had a DCP model made of their W900L, btw, so I guess maybe they still have it. Nice catch also on that Robert T700, looks pretty sharp in their yellow livery!

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

Oseias Souza

• passion by truck is the same Worldwide
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
Very Great Catches Gerard!! I like 2 hay haulers.  8)
Oseias Souza.
Castro - Parana - Brazil

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »
The Robert/Megantic T700 is a good catch.

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »
Gérard,seeing your first hay hauler makes me think that truck was an ex milk hauler before... Looks like an ex Petit-Villeneuve unit,when Transport Petit from Ste Hélene formed a company with Villeneuve from Ontario....

The Robert T 700is a regular to my work place... Guy who drives it still loves it!!!
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Running Pete

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »
That black 389 is perfect, very clean!
It's hard to beat a Pete...

Jon_G

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »
I like this whole series a lot! Nice catches on the WD Potato rigs. Ive never heard of anything but Kenworths for them but the Petes look really good 8)

L.Dugas

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 09:05:12 PM »
I like the WD Potatoes. Met a couple on the 101 last summer up the valley and they were white.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 07:52:04 AM »
Your photos are wonderful as always Gerard, thank you. 8)
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
I don't know whether they are still running them in revenue service but they were showing them last summer.

I rarely see  WD Potatoes trucks in my neck of the wood.  But when I see them, I always get two  within one hour. I don't know if they still have their great looking KW W-900. In the last few years I have only seen Peterbilt with them.

dalejrfan

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:04 PM »
They are still in service, I see them quite often out and about here (Alliston)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 06:07:56 AM »
Thank's for the comments.  This morning it is 10 Celsius, it is raining and all snow is gone. November come to his end so  it time to add a few more  last pics to   this thread.

Maths Express is a small one truck company from Beauce County.  Truckers in this area like nice trucks and are proud of their rides.

Transport Simon Blanchette is from Lambton near Beauce County. A small fleet around 6-7 bright red trucks , all of different models. This W-900 is the latest  addition .

A logger from Derby Vermont with a new Coronado.  I still have problems to see those trucks as  a proper replacement for the Classic and former Coronado.

Another carrier from nearby Vermont, B&B Trucking from Orleans.

Transport A Boudreau is a small fleet based in Coaticook Qc. This   fleet of around 10 trucks is all Mack, all Vision from what I have seen.  Some time ago, they have started  to go two tone by painting the fenders. With older models with a plastic bumper, the bumper take the same color than the fender.  It give a different look.

Transport Axum is a can hauler from the Montreal area.  Trucks are always clean .  Not always usual with can haulers.