Author Topic: MS Carriers trailer 11-17-2011  (Read 943 times)

wbache

MS Carriers trailer 11-17-2011
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »

traveling on the south I 605  11-17-11
I zoomed in on the tractor and there aren't any Swift markings that I can make out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Freightliner Guy

Re: MS Carriers trailer 11-17-2011
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »
Never really saw any of the old MS trailer marked with swift except on the inside where we loaded them. Swift ran them the way you see it in our picture.

wbache

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:20:12 AM »
Never really saw any of the old MS trailer marked with swift except on the inside where we loaded them. Swift ran them the way you see it in our picture.
That is correct however I was referring to the tractor as there are no Swift markings on it--Not necessarily unusual we see contractors pulling their trailers all the time as is also the case with SNI.  I usually see an MS trailer at least once a month.

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Interesting. On my side, I saw one in a picture taken in Edmonton, Alberta like a month ago in a serie I received for my site. I was somewhat surprised to see it , because I didn't saw one in person in years. In Eastern Canada, I never see Swift and I thought that they were operating only in the US, but from what I saw in that picture serie I received, they seem to be quite active in Western Canada and the MS Carrier equipment is still operating mixed into the Swift fleet.   

wbache

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »
in Western Canada and the MS Carrier equipment is still operating mixed into the Swift fleet

I usually see about one a month here in La La land pulled by Swift power but not where I can get a pic

Trailer Fixer

• Disturbing the peace since 1972
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
Speaking as a former M.S. Carrier and Swift employee  I can say this.  Swift had attmpted to buy M.S. Carries for a long time. When M.S. became a  corperation Mike Starnes ( M. S. ) gave 51% shares to his employees including me. The deal was the employee had to be w/ the company previously so much time and had to stay w/ the company be for he/she could sell.  Like a knucklehead I thought I coud do better by going to work for T.I.P. Trailer and missed out. A few years later my buddies still at M.S. were cashing in those stocks having really good payouts.  Mike Starnes (rumor had it) was having an affair w/ a woman in his corp office and as a result of the divorce he had to sell the company.  As part of the sale his nephew I believe became director of maintenance and shop employees keot their jobs and became Swift employees as did other employees.  The M.S. Carrier markings had to remain on the trailers for "X" amount of years after the sale.  I hired onto Swift several years after in 02 maybe 03.  I was told that they weren't being deidentified because the cost to deidentify them. Everyone knows an M.S. trailer is Swift and the trailers haul freight the same if the have Swift or M.S. marking on them.  The tractor is probably a sub contractor if it has no Swift markings on it. I know that Swift didn't go into Mexico but Mexican companies would get Swifts trailers and load or deliever down there and bring them back.  M.S. had a shop in Lerado just because of that. Trailers would be brought back with all the lights (ground level) woud be missing wheels switched out there woud be old wore out bias plys on it just wore to the threads.  I saw this first hand an M.S. driver brought one straight from there to the COlumbus,Ohio shop where I worked non stop. I was in the service lanes covering the normal guy while he was at lunch when I saw that. I asked the driver " how the %^*!@ di this bias ply get there and he explained.  Getting back to the Swift trucks. The contractors have a small decal they have to have displayed on their truck that sayes  Leased to Swift.  If there isn't one it's probably a sub contractor.
Scott W. Pryer

ScottWP72@yahoo.com

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »
Thanks Scott for the infos.

About Swift in Mexico, when I went to Monterrey in 2006, I remember to have seen about a 100-120 Swift trailers parked by a brake manufacturing plant along the highway in the Nuevo Leon desert. I didn't saw who pulled those trailers, but that plant was where I saw the most US/Canadian trailers south of the border.