If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Quik X  (Read 6630 times)

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
Quik X
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
One of the biggest just got bigger. Transforce buys Quik X.

Hank's Truck Forum

Quik X
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Re: Quik X
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »
First real big aquisition for Transforce in the reefer transportation business....
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »
As an observer of the TNT Group for so many years this transaction has a taste of a back to the future movie which could have the title ``BRING BACK ALL IN THE FAMILY.``The guy named Gary Babcock which set up the QuikX Group was TNT Canada Executive  Vice-President during the 80's and inherited of the Roadfast and Tro Air divisions during the 90's when TNT decided to get out of the general freight sector the other part of TNT general freight operations (Overland,Olex,Taxi Truck and Transport Champlain Express International) being buy out by a group of TNT managers headed by the former TNT Canada President,John Stollery.Then in just ten years Transforce brought back all these operations under its umbrella.It's funny.

Mister TyZo

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 07:08:54 PM »
One of the biggest just got bigger. Transforce buys Quik X.

:on  Wasn't Trans X the Parent Company to Quick X..????????
Be Safe / Be Careful  BTB

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 08:04:32 PM »
I always have been confused about the relationship between them. When I asked them once what's the actual link between Quik X and Trans X, they answered me "They're our sister companies." They have similar names and logos, plus they're located next to each other on the Winnipeg city limits where the large Trans X HQ is, but if they're so close to each other, why don't share more between them (ie: same terminals, mixed equipment) or what's the exact connexion that bring them together?

Also, if Transforce bought Audlauer, then Concord and now Quik X, is Trans X to be their next pray?

PS. Pascal, good point about the reefer business. Moreover, Quik X fills up well a gap in their Western portfolio (Canadian Freightways, Byers, Porter, La Crete, Legal and the oil patch companies)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 04:18:22 AM »
The Announcement

TransForce Announces Acquisition of Quik X Transportation 
Montreal, Quebec, November 1, 2011 – TransForce Inc. (TSX: TFI), a North American leader in the transportation and logistics industry, today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire all the shares of Quik X Transportation Inc. and Quik X Transportation (U.S.) Inc. ("Quik X"), a leading provider of transportation and logistics services, mainly in the expedited LTL market segment.

Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Quik X has a network of 17 centers across Canada and the U.S., more than 600 employees and agreements with approximately 325 independent contractors. Founded in 1990, Quik X has a solid reputation in the time sensitive freight transportation market and is highly recognized for providing customers with superior information technology capabilities through its proprietary software. Quik X is an asset-light company with annual revenues of approximately $200 million. The transaction is expected to close near the end of this year.

"Quik X is well known for providing high-quality service through leading-edge technology. It also meets our corporate objective of an asset-light business model, while further enhancing our density in the niche expedited LTL market. More importantly, the transaction will be immediately accretive to TransForce earnings and should provide a solid return on our investment for shareholders, as we remain committed to our disciplined industry consolidation strategy," said Alain Bédard, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of TransForce.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:35:47 AM »
barraclou,I think the relasion berween TransX and QuikX is not clear for anybody but it's sure we are in front of two different companies.

TranX is a Western Canada carrier set up in 1963 by Louie Toalini in Winnipeg,Manitoba.QuikX located in Mississauga was set up in 1990 by Barry Babcock.In a previous post from Rob Archer dating back from august,13,2010 ,we have some explanations about a possible link between the two companies.

The Quote of Rob is as follow:

`` APPARENTLY NOT;THEIR ROOTS GO BACK TO KWIKASAIR,BUT THEY WERE OPERATING WITHIN     THE TRANSX LICENCE IN THE EARLY DAYS WHICH ACCOUNTS FOR THE SIMILARITY IN LOGOS.``

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
11/29 I-79 Bridgeville PA

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »
Nice shot Paul,until now very few QuickX equipments wear the Transforce livery even in the Québec province,the home of Transforce.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
Nice shot Paul,until now very few QuickX equipments wear the Transforce livery even in the Québec province,the home of Transforce.

Even when I go past the QuikX terminal in Mississauga, which is their head office, most of the equipment has not been rebranded with the TransForce logo.

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 12:40:55 AM »
It is now a while since I've seen the Transforce swoosh decaled on something new to me. When I see their most recent acquisitions, they wear their original liveries. For the other names, they merged Select-Daily into Kingsway months ago. The tractors are now all wearing the Kingsway name, but the local trailers still remain lettered Select-Daily.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 05:44:03 AM »
I just wrote this story of TroAir as I remember it and then saw it was actually under the Lacaille thread so I copied it here.
Rob.

Quote from: R. Buron on Yesterday at 11:02:45
Also on the QuickX website TroAir is not there anymore.Another trademark dating back from the TNT era is gone.
TroAir - R.I.P.

TroAir was an amalgam name of Trojan Freight Lines Air Freight Division.
Around 1980, just after my wife and I were married, she took a job doing Air Exports at Associated Customs Brokers. PanAm International Airways didn't have landing rights at Toronto International Airport but had hired an active salesman for air cargo. Associated had an On Airport warehouse and hired Trojan Freight Lines (TNT Overland's Full Load Division) to haul the air cargo to New York JFK Airport. They hauled the PanAm cargo back to Toronto for customs clearance.
My wife would do all the export paperwork for the Trojan drivers and Friday evenings the cutoff for cargo was 19:00.
TroAir eventually expanded their lanes throughout the north east and Midwest; they were a big carrier on the YYZ-ORD lane.
Two of the TNT carriers came into the QuikX Group were Roadfast, which if memory serves was a Toronto/Montreal to western Canada carrier and TroAir.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »
Even after thirty years of follow up I still learn new détails about my fetish carrier TNT.Thank you Rob to share this story about
TroAir.It's funny because at the same time,in late 70's,TNT took over the ground cargo operations of PanAm in Australia.This
contract was so important, in doing so TNT had to sell off its local forwarding business,TNT Airfreight,due to possible conflic of
interest issues. 

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:58 AM »
April is a good time for photos. The trees haven't sprouted their leaves so things can be seen.
This is a power line of Transforce Swooshed Quik X daycabs.
Even now, several years after the takeover, there is still lots of equipment wearing the pre Transforce markings in their yard.

[/Udaycabs. RL]

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:58 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs