If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Peach Days Car Show and Parade 2011  (Read 2832 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Peach Days Car Show and Parade 2011
« on: September 11, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
Just Brigham City, UT's little annual shin-dig. The car show had over nine hundred entries, but only five or six entries in the commercial class, haha. The parade had around 150 entries, but I didn't see much, because I was pulling the current cheer leaders from my old high school (I always get the nice loads). Pretty exciting for me to be in a parade my first time and I also took home the trophy for the commercial class at the show with Ol' Number Twenty. ;D
The parade pictures were taken by my dad. Also the bus pictures, he thought it was neat. He drove that bus back when he started driving them thirty four years ago.

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Peach Days Car Show and Parade 2011
« on: September 11, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Ray F

Re: Peach Days Car Show and Parade 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 03:12:31 PM »
Very AWESOME Shots Ryan !!!! I'm Lovin' That Mack B Model Daycab  :o :o 8) And That GM Bus  8)

wbache

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
Excellent series--the bus must have been owned by a National City Lines subsidiary as almost all their  buses were that color(and trolley cars too) Mr Linsky might offer some insight about it as he has wide knowedge of GM/Yellow Coach buses. looks like everyone was having a good time. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Chris_E

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
Looks like a good time was had by all. I think I like your float the best. ;)  That Mack is cool too. 8)
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »
Thanks guys! Walt, the bus belongs to Utah Transit Authority, those are their old colors. The buses are now red, white, and blue. My dad is recently retired after his thirty-four years driving for them with over two million accident free miles. The bus has a four cylinder Detroit (4-53 or 4-71?) and a four speed crashbox.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

wbache

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 07:30:05 PM »
The bus has a four cylinder Detroit (4-53 or 4-71?) and a four speed crashbox.

More than likely a 4-71 which is not that big an engine to move a bus that size.

National City Lines owned bus systems in several different cities including Los Angles(trolley's too) and ElPaso TX where they even had a trolleyline that crossed the Rio Grande into Juarez. When private bus operations became a losing proposition they sold off the routes to public transit systems.
This wikipedia links shows how large they were and you will see that at one point they owned or controlled the bus and trolley systems in SLC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_City_Bus_Lines

Congratulations to your Dad for his safe driving record--Takes a lot of skill and concentration :)

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »
A four cylinder bus... I just can't believe it! (Although I know you have told me about them many times before, hehe.) Excellent parade pics, btw. And a nice load you had there, too. ;D

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs