If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: ATeam Truck Now Landstar  (Read 2470 times)

ATeam

ATeam Truck Now Landstar
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:31:11 PM »
My wife Diane and I recently completed a carrier change. The FedEx Custom Critical lettering is gone, replaced by Landstar. Purchased new, this 2006 Volvo is now five years old with 603,000 miles on the odometer. The truck body was painted before the Landstar graphics went on. The truck frame was painted last January.

It would take a lot of elbow grease to get the truck ready for prime time truck show exhibiting (never has been our thing) but for a five year-old truck, it don't look half bad, if I may say so myself. We love the truck and would drive it forever if we could.

Hank's Truck Forum

ATeam Truck Now Landstar
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:31:11 PM »

Jimmy B

Re: ATeam Truck Now Landstar
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »
Best of luck to you with this new carrier. Yes, it looks just swell.

Jimmy B

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 07:04:32 PM »
Best of luck to you with this new carrier. Yes, it looks just swell.

Jimmy B

What Jimmy said. :) Looked for you over at Bordentown yesterday Phil.......now i've got to look for the Landstar logo.

militaryman4

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »
I read this on your blog recently and again on LinkedIn - figured you would come on here soon enough and post a new picture. I hate seeing what seems to be such a good thing going the wrong way ... maybe in the long run it is ultimately best - who knows. Either way, I support the industry and the cause and you guys need to stay safe out there and provide for yourselves first and foremost! Again, if ever in the DC/Northern Virginia area - do not hesitate to let me know!!

Rob

ATeam

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 07:07:24 AM »
I guess I was not seeing things, because if I am not mistaken you were nosed in at the J in Elkton this past weekend - correct?

Correct.

Ray F

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »
I guess I was not seeing things, because if I am not mistaken you were nosed in at the J in Elkton this past weekend - correct?
Dang it !!!  :-\ I wish i had known that, I would have Stopped By and Said Hi, I was right by there Heading towards Christiana, DE  :-\

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 05:09:49 PM »
Who applied the Landstar decals? I wish i could have done it!

Good luck with them! Remember, at Acme, we do some work for Landstar!  ;D

ATeam

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »
We attended orientation at Rockford, IL. The decals were applied by a vendor who came to the orientation center and worked in the parking lot while we sat in the classroom. Landstar made the arrangements. I don't even know who the vendor was.

Where is your business located?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:29:02 PM by ATeam »

militaryman4

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
We attended orientation at Rockford, IL. The decals were applied by a vendor who came to the orientation center and worked in the parking lot while we sat in the classroom. Landstar made the arrangements. I don't even know who the vendor was.

Where is your business located?
John is located in New Cumberland, PA (Acme Trailer) -- right outside of the back gate to Defense Distribution Susquehanna Pennsylvania (DDSP) ... I had the privilege of meeting John in person and getting a tour of the place when I was there a few months ago. Highly recommended if you are ever delivering to DDSP!

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs