Author Topic: UPS 53' Containers  (Read 1288 times)

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
UPS 53' Containers
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:23:41 AM »
I just read on another group that UPS's 53' containers are arriving from Asia. They were spotted and photographed in So. Cal. recently. From the photo posted, the containers are white without any UPS logos. The reporting marks and number series are UPSU 6016XX.

Mike C

• Resident Schneider Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
Re: UPS 53' Containers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
Ill keep an eye out John, I was told by BNSF head Maint. guy that they would be white.  BNSF has repositioned some more 53' chassis up here for the added container volume from UPS and Schneider's 500 new containers.

dino9854

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »
Here they are, caught a bunch of them in BNSF Commerce, Ca yard today. Look sorta plain, hopefully they put there logo on them eventually. They must be expecting a shortage of EMHU's this Christmas season.

Jamie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
Cost per package just went down for UPS. lol They will still get the same rail service only now, utilizing their own double stack containers rather then trailers. Smart move!

rex012

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »
Here they are, caught a bunch of them in BNSF Commerce, Ca yard today. Look sorta plain, hopefully they put there logo on them eventually. They must be expecting a shortage of EMHU's this Christmas season.

so these are ups containers? i thought they were jb hunt waiting to be branded i see a couple a day on the 7 10 north on my way to work. Nice catch