Author Topic: on the road  (Read 102885 times)

RobG

Re: on the road
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
Trans Tech has been moving some modulars out of Grande Prairie recently.They have been taking them south,not sure where.                                                                                      

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #856 on: March 23, 2013, 12:44:41 PM »
Love that Granite sleeper and the Western Star!

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #857 on: March 23, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »
another interesting serious of photos again rob  they all great especialy the RPTL rig and Premay

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #858 on: March 24, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »
Always interesting. Seem that it still winter over there.

RobG

« Reply #859 on: March 26, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
Always interesting. Seem that it still winter over there.
                 I think we might be slowly getting spring here Gerard,finally some warmer weather and sunshine this week.                                                   A couple Contrans trucks,don't know who they are but they must be from the east with that axle setup on the trailers.                                                               Thet were breaking down a multi wheel trailer in a rest area today.They were using a couple pickers and loading it on a handfull of flatdeck.                                                                                                                                                                        A couple Brendale self loading log trucks.                                                                                                                                                                                         A sharp looking W-900L flattop                                                                                                                                Mayne Towing Peterbilt                                                                                                                                             Peterbilt 579 (I think)                                                                                                                                         The flaming Kenworth W-900L that pulls for us.                             Kenworth W-900A farm truck.                                    a couple Capstan pickers                                                           

wayne_crane

• http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/wayne_crane/w_crane_title.gif
« Reply #860 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:05 PM »
nice serious rob really like the 2 contrans you caught,m keep up the good work

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #861 on: March 26, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
Some more interesting pics with some quite impressive pickers. Contrans Group, one of the biggest Canadian carrier is from Ontario. They have regrouped under the name Contrans their flat bed division  ( Brookville Carriers, Laidlaw flat bed division, LA Dalton, General Freight Carriers and maybe  a few more  I can't remember.

RobG

« Reply #862 on: March 26, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »
Now that you say that Gerard I have seen an old L.A.Dalton Peterbilt out this way a couple times with Contrans on the door.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #863 on: March 26, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
The Pete 386 is likely from the Contrans "Multiaxle" terminal here in Mississauga. They were Hopefield Trucking originally.

I don't recognise the Argosy though.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:40:28 PM by Rob Archer »

L.Dugas

« Reply #864 on: March 26, 2013, 08:00:07 PM »
I really like those wood haulers.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #865 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:48 AM »
Now that you say that Gerard I have seen an old L.A.Dalton Peterbilt out this way a couple times with Contrans on the door.

I think that Tri-Line Carriers out of Calgary & Edmonton are also members of the Contrans family.

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #866 on: March 27, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »
Contrans Flat: Hopefield, L A Dalton, Laidlaw Flat GP, Tri-Line, L.C.I (which is just Laidlaw carriers), and Brookville. Get er straight!! ;) ::)
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

MAC Trailers - The Best of the Best!!

TWP

• Regular Membership
« Reply #867 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »
Sweet, good looking, A-Model Kenworth, I had to do a double take to see if
it used to be your friends can hauler from your Intermodal contest pic.

=Ted
Truckin`Addiction.
Argueing with a trucker is like wrestleing with a pig in the mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

RobG

« Reply #868 on: March 30, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
Sweet, good looking, A-Model Kenworth, I had to do a double take to see if
it used to be your friends can hauler from your Intermodal contest pic.

=Ted
                      Very similiar in color but it is a different truck.I think this old Kenworth is owned by a Hutterite colony.

RobG

« Reply #869 on: March 30, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »
I was driving through Grande Prairie yesterday evening and I spotted one of Spectras 362s working in some bridge contrustruction.                                                                                                                                                                                     Captan Kenworth picker                                                                                                   Sawyer Kenworth big bed parked in Whitecourt                                                                                                                                                                                                        A couple old timers that look like they have been there for a while.                                                                               Peterbilt 359                                                                                                          Kenworth LW sitting in Two Hills Ab                                                                                                                                                                                                  Express Tankers Kenworth W-900L putting out some smoke                                                                                                                                                            Q-Line Volvo                                                                                                  Mammoet Peterbilt                                                                                              InterRail Kenworth parked with a big load at Acheson                                                                                                                                                                                           backed in loading salt at the very old Windsor Salt plant in Lindbergh Ab