If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide  (Read 15044 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
It's time for interstate truckin'! I just got back from a trip to South Lake Tahoe, CA and I leave for Dubois, WY tomorrow. The boss is working on finding me something further from home. 8)
10'8" wide from Logan, UT to West Jordan, UT to drop at a galvanizer. I realize my oversize load signs covered my license plates.

Dropping coated rebar at Echo Summit on US 50 west of South Lake Tahoe, CA.

28 pallets of barrells filled with sacks of dirt. I loaded in Sparks, NV and delivered in Price, UT. It was a LOT easier hauling dirt in the belly dumps.

Loaded yesterday at Komatsu in Salt Lake City, UT... thought it was a good lookin' load posed in front of the building like that.
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »

Paccar 105

Re: I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »
Ryan,you are driving my favorite truckbrand,doing the werk i enjoyed most(flatbed).
Granted that loading flats is hard work but the different loads allways make it interesting. ;)

Nice pictures. ;D
Keep'm coming. 8)

fangio

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
Some truckstop shots.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
Great to see you out on the road Ryan and doing what you've always wanted to do. 8) How do you like sleeping in the truck? ??? Don't recall you doing it much the last year or so. Hope the Bossman can keep you busy and the wheels turning......looking forward to your future illustrated travels. ;D

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
Some road shots.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
Where was the tunnel at Ryan? ???

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:16 PM »
Well Charlie, I hadn't slept in a truck up until I started taking overnight trips to St. George, UT about a month ago. I spent this whole week sleeping in the truck, even though Monday night and Tuesday night I was within a hundred miles of home. It doesn't bother me, I am usually tired enough that I can sleep, regardless of the noise around me. I still haven't figured out exactly what setting to leave the heater at to keep me comfortable all night though, haha. I usually roast myself until I wake up and turn it down, then I freeze. ::)

I'm sure he'll keep me busy... we all run pretty good, especially this time of year.

The tunnel is between Carlin, NV and Elko, NV on I-80.

Jimmy B

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
The rebar that you dropped on US 50 is going to be used on a project that as I understand will close the road for 2 weeks. There have been spots on the TV about it. That is an area I've not gotten for truck pictures, Carlin - Elko, think they'd be some great places for truck photography.

Good luck with the over-the-road stuff, think you will really like it, lot's to see!

Jimmy B
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:26:20 PM by Jimmy B »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
Yup, that's the job. It was kinda neat, they let me through the closure and then I was the only one on the road. I was watching for you while I was running around Reno! Thanks.

Jimmy B

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »
Yup, that's the job. It was kinda neat, they let me through the closure and then I was the only one on the road. I was watching for you while I was running around Reno! Thanks.

I was playing hooky that day!  ;D

Jimmy b

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 01:58:39 AM »
I'm loving the pics! And I also love Dubois, Wyoming, in spite of the tourists, hehe. Hope you have an enjoyable trip up there, through the Wind River range. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:32 AM »
 Brings a tear to my eye, Ryan is finally a member of ZZ top. :D :D

Really enjoying the adventure, pretty sure you are as well.
That flat deck and pretty truck can take you anywhere you want to go, and I got a feeling you might want to do a little exploring, good for you. 8) 8)

How do you like your new home, the open road, is it what you imagined, better, worse? ;D

(blatant plug, buy Canadian)
Ask your boss if he wants to save some fuel on those cool nights, see if he'll chip in for one of these, sleep outside under the stars if you want.
 It may be too cold for the truck to start, but you'll be warm and cosy, sleeps two if need be. ;)
http://www.woods.ca/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=4:arcitc-down&Itemid=57
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:20 AM »
I'm loving the pics! And I also love Dubois, Wyoming, in spite of the tourists, hehe. Hope you have an enjoyable trip up there, through the Wind River range. :)

Jan.

Uh oh! Tourist town? I hope they like the sound of my truck idling all night tonight. Thanks Jan.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 09:09:26 AM »
Brings a tear to my eye, Ryan is finally a member of ZZ top. :D :D

(blatant plug, buy Canadian)
Ask your boss if he wants to save some fuel on those cool nights, see if he'll chip in for one of these, sleep outside under the stars if you want.
 It may be too cold for the truck to start, but you'll be warm and cosy, sleeps two if need be. ;)
http://www.woods.ca/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=4:arcitc-down&Itemid=57

Hey, then I can sing Sleeping Bag too! I've already got some Cheap Sunglasses... guess I'll grow my beard out. 8)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 09:13:20 AM »
Really enjoying the adventure, pretty sure you are as well.
That flat deck and pretty truck can take you anywhere you want to go, and I got a feeling you might want to do a little exploring, good for you. 8) 8)

How do you like your new home, the open road, is it what you imagined, better, worse? ;D

^QUOTE FROM WILLY THAT I MESSED UP^

Well, I am pretty excited to do some exploring... I'm thrilled to be headed up to Dubois tonight, should be real pretty. I told the boss I wanna start getting out, he mentioned some loads he bid on going to Dallas, Michigan, New Jersey..... I even had a dream last night that I had to run to Florida, haha. I hope I can see the country real soon, get it out of my system, and then slow down a bit and just run the western states or something, but maybe I'll forever be a longhauler, who knows? ;D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 09:13:20 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs