If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Tractor-trailer Expediters  (Read 2226 times)

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
Tractor-trailer Expediters
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
I caught these folks, minutes apart, driving for FedEx Custom Critical in an industrial area in the northeast Philadelphia region.

Updated 8/10/2018

Hank's Truck Forum

Tractor-trailer Expediters
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

militaryman4

Re: Tractor-trailer Expediters
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:40 PM »
Good catch on that trailer behind the red Freightliner. We have seen that one on here before only before with a white VNL with a Moose Bar on it.  Must be a fleet owner's trailer since the trailer is still in the fleet but with a different cab ... it is not one of the new FDCC owned trailers so it is contractor or fleet owned.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/Greg_trucks/Trucks/DSCF8911.jpg

Rob

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
Oh yeah! It is the same trailer indeed. 8) Thanks for all the info Rob!

Updated 8/10/2018

militaryman4

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »
Hey - not a problem ... the picture with the white volvo is actually my desk top right now so I see that trailer all the time ... when I saw your picture it looked extremely familiar and - that would be why!! I wish I could find a place where I live to take pictures that won't get me put on a terrorist watch list!! haha!!

Rob

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »
I'm flattered it's your desktop. I think my name is already on some sort of list with all the law enforcement checking out what I'm doing.

Updated 8/10/2018

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »
At first glance i thought we had a tractor match Greg until i looked closer and noticed a few things were different. Caught my Columbia this afternoon coming out of the Ft. Myers Pilot......nice catch on yours & the unique trailer. 8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

militaryman4

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 08:00:47 AM »
Greg - I'm mid process on building my website to sell my photos (I do amateur photography on the side - lots of travel and some events, etc) so I get sick of seeing my own pictures all the time - it is nice to have other people's work on my desktop to see something new! The DC / Northern Virginia area is quite picky about people taking pictures with what looks like "surveillance" operations!!

Charlie - isn't it time for you to leave that weather yet?!?!?  Interesting note on that tractor ... they must have had that logo applied second hand and not from the contractor that FDCC uses ... it was (and is) Corporate Policy that dark colors only receive a white logo and that the two tone color logo is only for light colored surfaces. I once saw (and have photographed below) a yellow tractor with a chrome FedEx logo on the door.

Rob

ATeam

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
Here's an especially nice E-unit that I shot sometime between 2004 and 2006.

The people at the delivery were excited by the truck and, without invitation, rushed to get into the next photo I took.

Diane and I were on a run with the E-unit, driving the straight truck shown below.

E-units are difficult to shoot because they are so dang long.  :(

militaryman4

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 07:32:14 AM »
That is a nice looking WS! I never saw that one in the fleet! Great shots!!

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 07:32:14 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs