If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: FedEx Custom Critical going to new colors - finally publicly released!  (Read 1985 times)

militaryman4

Well, I had thought this was going to happen way back in 2007 - because it made sense. Then I had heard here and there that it was going to happen thru a driver rumor mill ... and then confirmation came this weekend from the ATeam and also by reading it on expeditersonline ... but I stumbled across a recruiting ad today that is already using the new logo ... so I thought I would share.  This does make sense to me as it brings the "freight" shipping options all under the "red" brand ... the blue is associated with FedEx Office so to have the red brand handling all of the freight does make sense. FedEx Supplychain is now an orange company rather than a platinum company since they report under the Express umbrella now. 

Here is the recruiting banner on expeditersonline ...

Enjoy -

Rob

Hank's Truck Forum

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Who pays for the new logo? ???

militaryman4

Not sure on that one Charlie ... I do not think they would have the drivers absorb those costs ... not sure if the purple looks good enough if they will just change the blue to red or will they replace the whole logo at once? ... touchy subject cause it is not company owned trucks ... hopefully the ATeam can shed some light when the details get ironed out - I'm too far removed now to have those answers ... its just gonna look weird to me for a while ....

Rob

ATeam

FedEx Custom Critical contractors have been told that they will receive one free shirt and one free cap showing the new logo. That's helpful for those of us who regularly wear the FedEx Custom Critical uniform but we generally have more than one shirt on hand.

Truck signage will be removed and replaced at the carrier's expense. However, down time to have the job done and deadhead expense to a facility that will do it will likely come at the contractor's expense.

As far as we have been told to date, the only change in the logo will be that the Ex in FedEx will be red instead of blue.

It seems that FedEx Corportation is on a long term path to meld all logos into one. Fred Smith correctly states that our customers are color blind. They are well aware of FedEx but most know little or nothing about the different operating companies and color schemes.

Militaryman4, thanks for the heads up. I had not noticed the banner change on EO.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:17:47 PM by ATeam »

Hank's Truck Forum

Truck Driving Jobs