If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Industry News - LTL Only  (Read 85409 times)

hwyhaulier

Re: Industry News - LTL Only
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2017, 11:24:34 AM »
Charlie - Chris_E - Lodge Members -

FWIW. Your writer did a most interested reading of the line's precise statements in the TT release.
Appears to be quite a cautious and prudent plan of planned incrementalism?

IMHO, doubtful the Con-Way enterprise would be of much interest? Except, and of course, it would
come up on something of a "fire sale"?

....................... Vern .......................

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2017, 11:24:34 AM »

Chris_E

« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Yes Vern, it sounds like they'll be starting a "grass roots" operation up here. Should expect to start seeing them around here in April.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2017, 05:21:35 PM »
My suspicious mind is wondering if this is the opening salvo in southern outfits invading the north? ??? ;D I always see SEFL units running the PATP east of Harrisburg to interline with A. Duie Pyle & have seen a Wilson rigs north of Baltimore on I-95. Just wondering how ambitious other LTL outfits might become once SAIA opens the door? ???

Chris_E

« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2017, 05:45:47 PM »
I don't think this is indicative of any industry paradigm shift, at least not yet. The Northeastern US is a tough nut to crack in the LTL world if one doesn't already have an existing customer base. I'd imagine that, at least for now, the carriers that be are fine with their current service areas and arrangements. If not, a merger would likely take place rather than starting up fresh. I think Saia's making the push because they want national status and this is the only area they don't yet service.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »
Meyers Transport Belleville ON is closing

A longtime Belleville trucking company shutting down its operations after almost 90 years on the road.

In a press release Friday afternoon Meyers Transport Chairperson Natalie Meyers, says the company will stop shipping freight as of January 20th this year, but related companies Mortrans Inc in Belleville and Mosaic Logistics in Peterborough will continue to operate and be owned by the family.

Meyers calls it “a sad day” for her family” and says the decision wasn’t made lightly, but the company “recognizes that things change” and that “it’s time to reset the focus and move on”.

Meyers says the process of winding down the company will take some time, and the office staff will continue to work as long as there is work for them or until they find new employment.

Unfortunately, this change will mean laying off 17 employee drivers and 6 independent brokers in the Belleville area on the 20th. “I have always been very proud of the Meyers’ drivers, their professionalism and attention to safety and customer service. We will be doing all we can to help them find new employment as quickly as possible,” says Meyers.

She adds “this is a sad time at Meyers Transport right now, but I am incredibly impressed with the professional manner in which all have accepted the news and are continuing to perform their duties as service our customers. It has been an honour and a privilege to work with all of them.”

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs