If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Older FLD crossing the Great Basin  (Read 2124 times)

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
Older FLD crossing the Great Basin
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:35:37 PM »
I caught this FLD pulling a CC Van last weekend.

Hank's Truck Forum

Older FLD crossing the Great Basin
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:35:37 PM »

wbache

Re: Older FLD crossing the Great Basin
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
I know they exist but a cc tractor trailer set up is fairly scarce.  Considering the service reliability that is required an FLD is unusual. Shows how durable they are--thanks for sharing.  :)

militaryman4

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
Hmm - that is odd though because FDCC has a limit on the amount of years old a truck can be to be on with the fleet. I am not sure of those specs any longer, but they do (or did) exist. Also to note, tractor trailer fleet (including the White Glove tractor trailers) was around 300 when I left running the entire country. Now, I know that when they purchased their own trailers (like the one pictured FCC101 and they are consecutively numbered) that there have been some FCC400's out there and the Reefers were up to around FCR020 ... I know some FedEx Freight terminals have the FDCC trailers in them staged, but I am sure that there are not a whole lot of trailers that are not out there making money and moving.

Rob

Chris_E

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
Hmm - that is odd though because FDCC has a limit on the amount of years old a truck can be to be on with the fleet. I am not sure of those specs any longer, but they do (or did) exist. Also to note, tractor trailer fleet (including the White Glove tractor trailers) was around 300 when I left running the entire country. Now, I know that when they purchased their own trailers (like the one pictured FCC101 and they are consecutively numbered) that there have been some FCC400's out there and the Reefers were up to around FCR020 ... I know some FedEx Freight terminals have the FDCC trailers in them staged, but I am sure that there are not a whole lot of trailers that are not out there making money and moving.

Rob

If it's like the FedEx Ground limit, when I saw an ad for them in a classified magazine in 2007, the age limit on a tractor was 2001.  The only other time I've seen an older tractor for them was in 2009 I saw what appeared to be an older Volvo/White/GMC pulling doubles for FedEx Ground.  I'm pretty sure it was a WIA model, which if I remember correctly was made until 2001.  The Freightliner FLD was made until about 2003, I believe.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

ATeam

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »
The Class 8 truck age limit at FDCC is 10 years.

RedStapler, the CB antena and mud flaps indicate that the two truks in your photo are moving, presumably at highway speed. I am impressed by the crispness and detail of the photo you shot. What camera and settings did you use for the shot?

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
The Class 8 truck age limit at FDCC is 10 years.

RedStapler, the CB antena and mud flaps indicate that the two truks in your photo are moving, presumably at highway speed. I am impressed by the crispness and detail of the photo you shot. What camera and settings did you use for the shot?

Is the 10 year Age limit flexible if you are already leased to them?

Thanks for the compliment.

I took that shot with my new Cannon SX130 set to "Auto".  f/4, 1/1250, ISO-80

I got it around 3 weeks ago and have been very pleased with it.  Just like the A570 it replaced it tends to eat through its 2 AAs at a rapid clip.  I usually take 2-3 backups and my inverter/charger combo with me for a full day shooting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSHNG8/ref=oss_product

This is the only other CC I caught that day:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:44:39 PM by RedStapler »

wbache

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »
I took that shot with my new Cannon SX130 set to "Auto".  f/4, 1/1250, ISO-80
I bought an SX130is last fall  and I agree with the ATeam comment--my pics seem to be sharper than those I take with the A1000is which is quite small and fits nicely in the glove box so I still use it .  I bought it at Staples where they had a promotion sale at 199.00 with a 50.00 rebate card which helped  to buy my income tax program and the Norton 360 security program which ended up costing me 35.00 for both. It took a bit of getting used to but I have adapted to not having an optical view finder. I use rechargable batteries and carry a spare set with me. I don't venture far from home so even if I have to change batteries  I'm OK. I can also take the batteries out the camera I'm not using if necessary.  i rarely take more that 50-60 shots at a time which takes about half hour up on the South St bridge.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs