Author Topic: Scandinavian and Danish oldies  (Read 69855 times)

mbmcargotech

• Regular Membership
  • mbmcargotech, many offer more, we only the best
    • European Road Transport E-magazine
Scandinavian and Danish oldies
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
Hi you all,

I hope to start a long lasting topic with many contributions!

My al time favorites are Danish and Scandinavian trucks. Together with my brother I made quite
some pictures of trucks from this countries. I hope you are enjoying them just as much!

A Volvo F12 intercooler owned by Danish operator Roland Munch. The company became part of DFDS
and is now fully integrated in the big DSV transport group.

A 420 hp Scania R142 Intercooler owned by Danish operator K.E. Kristiansen from Esbjerg.

A Danish Iveco T-series hooked to a Kristiansen semi trailer.

A Volvo F12 Intercooler owned by Norwegian operator Haukedal. The F12 is hooked to a
traditional 3 axled trailer.

Another Scania R142 intercooler from Denmark, mark the custom stainless steel front bumper.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:28:04 PM by mbmcargotech »
All the best,

Reinder Meijer

European Road Transport E-magazine
http://www.mbmcargotech.nl

Lone Wolf

Re: Scandinavian and Danish oldies
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
Superb pictures!

Here's my contribution from Finland:

I hope this qualifies as an "oldie" even though the picture was taken in 2010!

Laakso Oy operates a fleet of Volvos including many old N-series trucks such as this 1981 N-1025. They've been around for a very long time.

Matti
I couldn't repair your brakes so
I made your horn louder.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
Very very cool! I like all of them, hope you'll add some more pictures to the thread! (That goes for both of you, hehe!) As for the Haukedal Volvo - Haukedal used to run som sharp looking trucks, but then Johs Lunde bought them, and turned their trucks plain white, and now they're no more.  :(

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:13:05 AM »
Nice serie. I like those oldies, truck from the past and especially oldies still working. I wait for more.

The DAFman

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:59:17 AM »
Hello Reinder,

Many thanks for starting this topic!!!!!

I loved also to "hunt" for "Scandinavian" trucks in the late 70's/early-80's, specialy at the "border" in Denekamp or on the "parking-lots" on the A-1!!!!!!

Jan, I even still have a "Haukedal" Volvo (F-12 flattop) as "model" in 1/87!!!!!
And a "Roland Munch" (MAN F-8) also!!!!!
Still very "pitty" that many are all "gone" now!!!!!

Looking forward to see more and I "NEED" some "instructions" for my own pictures!!!!!

Greetings from Emmerich,

Leo
Deceased.

mbmcargotech

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
Hi you all,

Thanks for the replies! I'm posting a new series, still hoping somebody is taking over the stick.............!

A beautiful 420 horse Iveco Turbostar from Danish operator N & K Transport.
The picture was made at Denekamp just as all following shots (NL)

Again 420 hp on tap, this time from an intercooled Scania V-eight. The R142H is also Danish registered.

A superb Volvo Eurotrotter drawbar combination run by Danish operator Torben Rafn.

A traditional Danish curtainsider combination. The rig is owned by a Danish sub contractor running for
a forwarding company called Samson.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:24:44 AM by mbmcargotech »
All the best,

Reinder Meijer

scania_r480

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »

Again 420 hp on tap, this time from an intercooled Scania V-eight. The R142H is also Danish registered.

A traditional Danish curtainsider combination. The rig is owned by a Danish sub contractor running for
a forwarding company called Samson.

that two scaniaīs are really rare ( i mean 2series with intercooler but as "older 2series"

and where is air intake on blue one

mbmcargotech

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
Hi Ivan,

The first Scania Intercoolers did already run on trial in 1983 in Holland. The first had already the "nose" but the Scania name plate wasn't available yet!
The 420 R142 came for the 112 with 333 hp, the later 113 version had 360 horses!

The air intake was lowered , then hood of it was 180 degrees turned and positioned on the rearside of the front fender. I must have a picture of it somewhere, I will have a look if I can find it. Several Dutch high volume rigids had it also!

On my website you can see more of this trucks!
http://www.mbmcargotech.nl/north/denmark_menu.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:17:48 AM by mbmcargotech »
All the best,

Reinder Meijer

scania_r480

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:20:27 PM »
Hi Ivan,

The first Scania Intercoolers did already run on trial in 1983 in Holland. The first had already the "nose" but the Scania name plate wasn't available yet!
The 420 R142 came for the 113 with 333 hp.

The air intake was lowered , then hood of it was 180 degrees turned and positioned on the rearside of the front mudguard. I must have a pcitre of it somewhere, I will have a look if I can find it. Several Dutch high volume rigids had it also!

i think that those two from images are 1982

do you know which gearbox they had it is gr870 or 871 i am pretty sure that is gr870 but i think that it had r770 diff not r750

what exactly differences are between old/new series "2" i notice different front grill even letter Scania are not compatible ,gerabox,rear axle, DSC/DSI engines 5cm more on them , Steering wheel,  stairs(of cab), some different layout of components( i think on air barrels) etc., different gear knob position in P cab,  other brake cylinders...... i donīt know for more

mbmcargotech

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
Hi Ivan,

The 420 R142 came for the 113 with 333 hp.

The air intake was lowered , then hood of it was 180 degrees turned and positioned on the rearside of the front mudguard. I must have a pcitre of it somewhere, I will have a look if I can find it. Several Dutch high volume rigids had it also!

i think that those two from images are 1982

do you know which gearbox they had it is gr870 or 871 i am pretty sure that is gr870 but i think that it had r770 diff not r750

what exactly differences are between old/new series "2" i notice different front grill even letter Scania are not compatible ,gerabox,rear axle, DSC/DSI engines 5cm more on them , Steering wheel,  stairs(of cab), some different layout of components( i think on air barrels) etc., different gear knob position in P cab,  other brake cylinders...... i donīt know for more

Hi Ivan,

Some details I remember:
The 112/142 did have the 10 speed full synchro gearbox, the 113 the al new 12 speeder (then).
The 112/142 had a "brown/black interior, the 113 had blue chairs and curtains. This was called the CR19 Blue cab.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:32:22 PM by mbmcargotech »
All the best,

Reinder Meijer

mbmcargotech

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »
Hi Ivan,

The "nose' was necessary for the additional radiator. Scania used an air to air intercooler system on the 112. The 82 series didn't had the nose, on this series they used an air to water intercooler system. This system needs less space. On the 113 the P cabbed version became available with the same air to air intercooler. It had a similar but lower nose.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:17:25 AM by mbmcargotech »
All the best,

Reinder Meijer

scania_r480

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
Some details I remember:
The 112/142 did have the 10 speed full synchro gearbox, the 113 the al new 12 speeder (then).
The 112/142 had a "brown/black interior, the 113 had blue chairs....

thanks but i know that i actually search for differences between 2serie from 1980-1982 VS 1982-1988 there are some differences we made conversion from p112h 4x2 with cp13 cab and 280hp to 333hp an cab from p112 but "facelift" from 1984 it was swiss cab so we put doors from old cab and we had problems with too short  gear  "telescope"( i know this is not telescope because it is fixed but i donīt know right name.... so gear knob in R 2 4 gear lied down on engine  tunnel nearly horizontally....
and cab interior was from series 3

i know for  "blue cab" my dad had one r112 1987 with 360hp retarder air condition alu rims and very light body and trailer("getreidekipper") empty weight only 13ton and truck had CR19A with all equipment and we had another r112 333 1986 also tipper and also 2axle  but with CR13B cab and one 113 360 with CR19

scania_r480

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »
btw did you maybe have picture which show exactly difference in that 5cm on DN/DS/DSI VS DSC  to show, maybe some members did not notice it it is pretty interesting to me same series but big  difference....also mercedes had it on some of their models but on height of cab for example xx35 cab is about 5cm higher that xx29 on SK

mbmcargotech

• Regular Membership
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
btw did you maybe have picture which show exactly difference in that 5cm on DN/DS/DSI VS DSC  to show, maybe some members did not notice it it is pretty interesting to me same series but big  difference....also mercedes had it on some of their models but on height of cab for example xx35 cab is about 5cm higher that xx29 on SK

Hi Ivan,

I will have a look if I'm having some pictures to show!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:15:54 AM by mbmcargotech »
All the best,

Reinder Meijer

Lone Wolf

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 05:21:13 AM »
This is such an interesting topic. I wonder what happened to those traditional and distinctive paint schemes as shown on Torben Rafn's Eurotrotter for example.

Here's a 1985 or 1986 Scania 92 with an original "Scania orange" color. picture was taken in August 2010.

Matti
I couldn't repair your brakes so
I made your horn louder.