If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Little favor I guess...  (Read 16948 times)

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Little favor I guess...
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »
Hey guys.I have a little favor to ask you.My dad will celebrate his 45 years of driving pretty soon.Since it's something big( 45 years and still loving it),my mom is planning something big.Ex colleague,ex bosses,familly etc. My requess is something like that.I would like to find pictures from maybe at least his last 25 years of driving.So here's the list:

-Black Freightliner FLC for Canaco Transport. Was doing Mtl-Detroit
-White,green and black Ford LTL 9000 for Canaco Transport.Was doing Montreal Lansing Mi
-Black,blue and gold Mack Superliner for CTI (Cast Transport Inc) I contacted the former owner of the truck and he thinks he has a picture somewhere but...Doing Mtl- Mid West
- Blue W 900l for Cast Transport-Doing Eastern Seabord+ NY and NJ
- Red 379-119 for Cast Transport.Doing mainly Eastern Seabord+NY and NJ. Those 3 trucks were owned by Jean Louis Michon Transport.

-And it's current ride,a white and yellow Peterbilt 379-119 for CDI (Canada Drayage Inc.).Goes everywhere but a lot in the mid west states

I know i'm going for a long shot but with you guys,I could be surprised.He is mainly on the Montreal-Detroit corridor but can also be seen in New England.

Thanks guys and I'll hope for the best!!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:08:33 AM by Pascal Pion »
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Hank's Truck Forum

Little favor I guess...
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Paccar 105

Re: Little favor I guess...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:49:04 PM »
Pascal,the driving your dad did for Cast transport,are/did Cast transport have some connection to Cast Containers?

fangio

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »
Yes Fangio,they are connected.Cast Container Lines had a trucking division.All day cabs and going everywhere.All unionised too.It was very expensive to run so Cast went on and created an other division with only o/o.
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Paccar 105

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
Yes Fangio,they are connected.Cast Container Lines had a trucking division.All day cabs and going everywhere.All unionised too.It was very expensive to run so Cast went on and created an other division with only o/o.
Pascal,some info for you and your dad.
There is a part off the Cast group that survived the bankruptcy.
When Cast containers went belly up,its Belgian trucking compagny as rebadged and is  still running.The only reminder off its roots is in their colors.
Still the same blue. ;)
And here they had a very bad name at the time.Rundown trucks and trailers.(bad brakes ,losts off heavy wrecks,badpay....)

Second reason i asked was because ,long ago ,i hauled cans for Cast.The legal French connection,Vittel water en .......cognac(grande marnier). ;D ;D ;D ;D
So if your father hauled 20" cans for Cast , he might have hauled one i loaded. :o
I will have a look in my old pictures but i don't think i have one with a Cast can.   

Congrats to your father.

fangio
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:12:44 PM by Paccar 105 »

Cornbinder

• OPEN ROAD...a trucker's dream....
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
It's quite the milestone for your Father, Congrat's to him.

Hammer Time

• Global Moderator
  • Technical Advisor
    • Owner Operators Connect
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
Congrats to your father, Pascal.

That is quite the milestone indeed.  :o :o

I wish you luck on your quest for those pictures.

Ray F

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
There was a Train Load of CAST 20' Containers passing by in the background of the beginning of the Movie Police Academy 3  8)

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 06:52:41 AM »
Well,I guess there won't be any celebration... Yesterday,me,my cousin Max and my uncle went to take out all of my dad's stuff out of his truck.As of May 12th,his trucking carreer has come to a brutal stop...

He went to the hospital a couple of days earlier because he wasn't feeling well,so they took a blood sample. May 11th he got a call to report to the hospital ASAP... And then,the result came:Cancer.... :'(

He has Marrow Cancer( I hope I got that right,my dictionary is old,in french it's cancer de la moelle osseuse) .And he's already on chemiotherapy.His treating doctors told us it's something very easy to treat.If chemio doesn't work,they will go to a marrow transplant.

So anyway,this is wy I'm not here often as I'm the hospital as many time as I can. I took picture af his truck but I don't know when I'll be able to put them on....

And don't worry,Dad is already fighting like a champ!!!!! :)
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Paccar 105

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 07:30:59 AM »
Pascal,i hope the best for your father.
And maybe a better party will be when he gets the all clear in some months.

fangio

jrtrucker

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 09:22:37 AM »
Gonna send my best wishes to your dad on his cancer fight, and hope he kicks in the butt. ;)

Cornbinder

• OPEN ROAD...a trucker's dream....
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »
Pascal, I'll add your father to my prayer list. My best to you and all your family for a quick recovery for your father.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »
I wish your Dad well Pascal and will be praying for him to lick this.

guinnesspeanut

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »
 Here's a thought, if you're interested... If you can find the make/model of a diecast truck he used to drive, I can pro paint it and get decals custom made. It's really not that hard to paint them yourself though. You can buy a decent airbrush set for under $30, and I'll direct you to the decal guy. They're waterslide decals, just like the ones you used on any model for the past 25 years. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, you can even buy decal sheets from any office store that'll work on inkjet printers. Start a new collection of every truck he ever drove. I had firetrucks done up with 'Buffalo Fire department' decals. No idea what happenned to them though. I think they got put away with his train set.. I'll have to look. Point is, if you can find it in diecast or even model kits, there are plenty of ways to make them look like the trucks he drove.. Let me know if interested. 

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs