If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: St-Germain R-700  (Read 3036 times)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
St-Germain R-700
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »
This pic  was taken early this week  by my friend Gerald   in the back yard of one of St-Germain owner son. It seem that the truck after his active duty with St-Germain was used in the yard for a while than parked for several years.  Gerald came in time for this pic  since  the truck is sold and was to be shipped along another old St-Germain truck ( KW K-100) to  a country  of Central America were they will start a second life.

Hank's Truck Forum

St-Germain R-700
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »

Stn4Cap

• Regular Membership
Re: St-Germain R-700
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:34:25 PM »
Sweet truck, still not fussy on the colour though! ;D

Chris_E

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
Tough looking old Bulldog.  Would look neat hooked to that longbox in the background.  It's a shame it's being exported.  I'm sure someone would make a very nice restoration project out of it.  I really like the color.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »
Thank's Ray for the pic. I remember that they had one all dressed up.  They use it mostly for show but once in a while we could see him pulling a trailer. He had a very special sound. I remember  being overtake by him on TCH once. The following pic was taken in 2001.  A few years later the truck was sold to Michael Duff from Waterloo Qc. He use it for a while then I lost sight of him.

Ray F

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
WOW !!!!! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT !!!!!! I Like Them Both !!!!  :o :o 8)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »
Here is another St-Germain Mack R. I took this one in 2002 in their auxiliary yard were they park out of service trailers and trucks. This truck was still there for quite a time after I took the pic. Last time I drove by the yard was crowded with old T-600 and FLiner Century.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »
Needs some TLC but still looks cool. 8) :)

R766ST

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 09:06:53 AM »
Here is another St-Germain Mack R. I took this one in 2002 in their auxiliary yard were they park out of service trailers and trucks. This truck was still there for quite a time after I took the pic. Last time I drove by the yard was crowded with old T-600 and FLiner Century.

Is that the yard on the south side of the TCH? Is the white LTL 9000 still sitting in the yard?

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »

My cousin call them a few years back to see if they were wiiling to sell it.The answer was a big No way,eventhough my cousin was willing to pay a nice bundle of cash to get it...

Gérard,I believe Michael Duff scrapped the truck in a wreck... :'(
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »

Is that the yard on the south side of the TCH? Is the white LTL 9000 still sitting in the yard?

Yes Ray, it is the one. I have not been there lately. Last year they have removed 15-20 trucks from the fleet and they were all parked there.  I should stop there  when I get a chance and  look closely  at what is  there. 

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »
This guy liked a couple of my photos on Flickr and I found this old Mack R that looks like an ex-St-Germain model. Anybody with more knowledge than myself could verify? Apparently it's found a second life in Russia as of 2008.

mack r rus by Max Chern, on Flickr

IowaSuperTrucker

• Regular Membership
    • http://truckinboy.slickpic.com/gallery/
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »
Cool photo!  2nd life indeed.  I bet it was a SGT 2000 inc, back in the day, St Germain was pretty small, and the way and the color of the stripes, to me, look more SGT 2000 than St Germain division but can't really tell.

R&G Ellis used to have a Main Page album full of Quebec carriers, but that seems to be gone.  :'(

The photo below is St Germain Express....stripes are a little different than yours, but still similar.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »
Here's one of Gary's shots I found, I can definitely see that being a SGT Mack. Thanks for the correction!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs