If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Horseless Carriage - Paterson NJ  (Read 7186 times)

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Horseless Carriage - Paterson NJ
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »
Not quite as fancy as the largecars usually posted on the Forum but i finally got a photo of this twin screw International 8100 at the Woodrow Wilson service plaza on the Jersey Pike in Hamilton yesterday. :)

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:55:59 AM by charlie »

Hank's Truck Forum

Horseless Carriage - Paterson NJ
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »

Ray F

Re: Horseless Carriage - Paterson NJ
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »
Cool Catch Charlie !!!! I Havent Seen one Of Their Trucks around in a Long Time  ??? :-[

Ray F

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
Cool Catch Charlie !!!! I Havent Seen one Of Their Trucks around in a Long Time  ??? :-[

Ray,

There were 4 parked at the Flying J in Elkton two weekends ago.  The one carrier that I do not see at all anymore is Intercity Lines.  They use to be quite prevalent on 95.

Thanks Bill !!!! I Dont Go out Back of there anymore, like i used too  :'( I Usually Catch Trucks on the Road  ;D BTW speaking of Intercity, I Spotted one Laying over at The Truck Lot Exit Near the Prime Outlets in Perryville, A Few Nights ago  8)

BOYD509

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58:02 AM »
Not quite as fancy as the largecars usually posted on the Forum but i finally got a photo of this twin screw International 8100 at the Woodrow Wilson service plaza on the Jersey Pike in Hamilton yesterday. :)

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not a largecar but at least it not a plain white tractor.  :)
Nice catch by the way.  :)
[

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »
I believe this driver lives in my area & probably parked his KW W900 for the weekend at the Forked River service area on the GSP.........snapped a pic this morning on the way to work & it was gone when I was heading home tonight.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 05:02:26 PM »
Nice looking big bunk Pete 386 climbing on the scale at the Flying J in Carneys Point NJ on 4-29-16.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:01:18 AM »
Must be on a roll  ;D.........3 Horseless Carriage rigs in 3 weeks. :) The big bunk KW T600 was stopped at the Big Boys Truck Stop in Kenly NC on 4-28-16 when I found it and snapped a pic.

Ex Road Pounder

• Proud member since July 10, 2003
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:03:22 AM »
 If you like the their trucks you see on the road. You should see their collection of antiques.
I was fortunate to be on a tour of Horseless Carriage a couple years ago.
 You might have seen their ad that is always the back cover on "Wheels Of Time"
   They have a spectacular collection of cars, trucks, toys, automotive memorabilia etc.

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 05:20:37 AM »
Thanks for posting those photos Steve. 8) Is this museum private or open to the general public? ???

Ex Road Pounder

• Proud member since July 10, 2003
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »
Charlie
Our visit was part of the "White Bash" Tour when it was held in N J.
 It was set up by the local members that hosted that show.
 I really don't know what kind of arrangements they made.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »
Wow great shots, that Kenworth COE is beautiful. I wish there was some way we could get a tour of the place, I would love to ride up there to check it out.

Jon_G

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »

Very cool! I seem to recall reading about F. Malatesta Van Lines in one of Ron Adams' excellent truck books. Is the moving side still in operation or are they strictly auto hauling now? I imagine auto transport, especially enclosed, is a lot more lucrative.

Jon

DeeselDave

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 06:31:18 AM »
Just as a couple FYI;s....

If you are in the neighborhood of our office, Frank will have someone take you through the car and truck buildings for a tour. We are off RT 80, Madison Ave exit 58.
One building has our truck #1, the 29 Packard moving truck, a 51 Sterling chain drive heavy hauler, 29 AC Bulldog Mack, our 1st O-O's truck, a 79 Int'l 4070, a WWII White CCKW, 25 Int'l High Wheeler, 29 AA Ford Mail Truck, 51 Chevy pick-up, 25 Ford Model A Jitney bus, Frank's 1st truck,,a 39 bubble nose Ford and a B61 Mack diesel.
Another building has an armored WWII Half Track, a Ford Weasel track vehicle, a Studebaker Weasel, a WWII Ambulance and a very rare WWII Int'l cab over/conventional hooked to a period flatbed with 2 Vietnam era 151 Jeeps on the bed.
The main building has his B42 Mack gas tractor, the 51 Bull Nose Kenworth cabover, Int'l KB7 and bubble nose White.
More Buddie L and Smith Miller toys than you've ever seen, along with gas pumps, wicker baby buggies, juke boxes, carousel horses. Pretty incredible collection of cool old stuff.
All buildings are alarmed and under more video cameras inside and out, than Ft Knox
If I am around, I usually get the task of tour guide, as I am lucky enough to drag some of them around to shows and events and know the history of most. While the collection isn't really open to the public as a "museum" he does let truck peeps in to see them. He's a straight up guy and easy to talk to. Again, if you are in the area, either myself or our shop guy, Amado can take you through. Tell em Dave sent ya.

The pic of the cabover is Frank's brother Paul's. He has 2. The only trucks in the fleet that can load 6 Maserati and scale it. The rest of us big bunk show offs are too heavy.
The KW T600 at Big Boys was my old truck, now owned and driven by Jeff and also pulls my old spread axle trailer. He keeps that truck immaculate inside and out.
Malatesta Moving rights still exist, but are rarely used. He does have a furniture dolly rental for other movers, but we do strictly cars.

Thanks for the interest. Hope this answers some questions.
cheers
Dave

Jon_G

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 09:21:51 AM »

Interesting, thanks for all the info!

Jon

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »
Thanks for all the info Dave.......might have to plan a summer road trip up to Paterson.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs