If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Guess who's back on IRT????  (Read 1777 times)

krooser

Re: Guess who's back on IRT????
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
route 209 was the ho chi minh trail...

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »

W. Lineman

• Regular Membership
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 12:33:45 AM »
Yeah, you're right, you took 33 to get to 209 and it was more 33 than 209 but 209 was the worst part...  I think it's all 4-lane now

LocalCoilHauler

• A Dirty Truck is a Working Truck
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »
I love it when Alex says "What a bunch of Baloney!"

The new series is a bunch of BULLSH*T! they're not even trucks they're more like vans.
I liked Season 4 but all the other seasons were krap! :x
It's Appearance might be Half yours but it's Reliability might be Twice yours!!

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 04:17:15 AM »
Rt 209 is correct as from what I remember it was used as a "shortcut" for some reason by truckers between I-80 and I-84, taking that route instead of staying on the interstates via I-81.  I believe Mike Parkhurst in the old Overdrive dubbed it the HCM trail, and did an in depth report on some shady law enforcement officails in one particular town who's name escapes me.

krooser

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »
Rt 209 is correct as from what I remember it was used as a "shortcut" for some reason by truckers between I-80 and I-84, taking that route instead of staying on the interstates via I-81.  I believe Mike Parkhurst in the old Overdrive dubbed it the HCM trail, and did an in depth report on some shady law enforcement officails in one particular town who's name escapes me.
81 was only dream at the time...

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »
From what I recall though, part of the problem was that trucks were taking 209 (two-lane?) when they could have used 81 instead.

krooser

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »
From what I recall though, part of the problem was that trucks were taking 209 (two-lane?) when they could have used 81 instead.
\I don't think I-81 was open north of I-80 until the late 70's... the alternative to going to Boston and the NE was over the GW bridge and up I-95 something most of us would avoid at all costs.

The HCM trail was a tight, slinky road at best... best run at night. Lots of truck traffic... the last time I ran it was in '99(?) in my T-300 straight job just for old times sake.

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2019, 12:50:59 AM »
Ice Road Truckers in general is just a highly edited fake show...

The only reason why I watched it towards the end was for the trucks

Most of their "all star drivers" aren't even real drivers except for maybe Alex and Hugh and also most of the drivers they edit to look like a complete moron are actually some of the better drivers in real life

WFT was up with Greg and wanting to "sack" everyone?

It was edited for TV and set up for TV as entertainment by the film production

Also, When the boss of Carlile was threatening to fire Greg because he did 69MPH up the haul road in his truck that is locked up at 55MPH was also edited for TV and set up for TV as entertainment by the film production

They did however unlock Greg's Truck when he went down south film at his home for the show and the speed limit on the highway he drove was 70MPH which is where they originally got the 69MPH from, Once Greg got back to fair banks his truck was locked back up at 55MPH   
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2019, 12:50:59 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs