If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: USS Alabama Battleship Memorial  (Read 2717 times)

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
USS Alabama Battleship Memorial
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »
On our trip to Florida we stopped in Alabama at this battleship memorial, it was really cool to see the ship, submarine, and to go inside and explore all levels. Here are some pics. Ya might wanna step back for a sec and let 'em load.

I had to take the photos down because Nate said so.  :-P There are still a few, but the album link is posted.

View of it from across the Gulf.

When we arrived, we were greeted by these. All of these were outside of the battleship.

B-52 Stratofortress, huge plane.

Here is the album link to the rest of the photos.
http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af76/tyler_officer/Destin%20Florida%20Vacation%202010/USS%20Alabama%20Battleship%20Memorial/?start=all

This was a really cool experience, and if you are heading through Mobile, make sure you stop by. It is well worth the money. I may have some videos up later.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:11:24 AM by LoneStar »

Thanks to roogie for the Photo!

Hank's Truck Forum

USS Alabama Battleship Memorial
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »

Largecar82

Re: USS Alabama Battleship Memorial (WARNING: LOTS OF PHOTOS!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »
Awsome pics LoneStar :-o Im from Pensacola Fl only about 40 or so miles from Mobile so i have been by The USS Alabama many times. Also once had a Scout camp out on the ship it self :-D That was a great time 8-)

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »
Thanks! Being a "Missourian" It was quite different going out to Florida, life changing, and know we want to move there. lol.

How is the oil along the beaches now?

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:09:25 PM »
Spent a couple of weeks in Alabama in 1982 and did the tour one weekend for a few hours.  8-) Good to see the old gal lookin' as good as she does - some of these places like the USS Yorktown in Charleston SC are really hurting for funds and are very shabby. :-( I worked with a guy many years ago who was a plank owner on the Alabama and sailed on her throughout WWII so i knew the history of the ship way before i took the tour. :-D Thanks for sharing your photos. :wink:

Nate

• Global Moderator
  • Just a boy living the dream
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »
Hanks Truck Forum, not Hanks War Memorial. The more appropriate thing to do is post the link to your album in Photo Albums and share with us there, not make a post of this size(where some members with dial up cant even view).

Thank you.
Welcome to the 21st century. Things are going to change.- G.S.

JP

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:20:33 PM »
^ x2
No sheep, no bows on real trucks.

LoneStar

• The Con-way Guy
    • Photobucket Album
Re: USS Alabama Battleship Memorial
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »
My bad, I thought this was the museum of TRANSPORTATION section, it is considered a museum.  :roll:
Sorry for the wrong way to post, Largecar and charlie, thanks for the compliments.

Spent a couple of weeks in Alabama in 1982 and did the tour one weekend for a few hours.  8-) Good to see the old gal lookin' as good as she does - some of these places like the USS Yorktown in Charleston SC are really hurting for funds and are very shabby. :-( I worked with a guy many years ago who was a plank owner on the Alabama and sailed on her throughout WWII so i knew the history of the ship way before i took the tour. :-D Thanks for sharing your photos. :wink:

That's really cool charlie! And yes, unfortunately exhibits like this do have poor funding, but there were a ton of people there, I think this one should be ok, especially in the summer.  :-D We past it in the RV at night while we found somewhere to stay and it looked cool at night too.

Hank's Truck Forum

Re: USS Alabama Battleship Memorial
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs