If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Labatt Breweries  (Read 10546 times)

R Nagle

Re: Labatt Breweries
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »
Might be the same rig!  ;) Seen a couple weeks ago on Highway 17 just west of Sudbury - on May 24 (aka "two-four") no less:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »

banana262

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »
Whats the blue plate on the lower right part of the bumper?

R Nagle

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »
It's the unit number, a matching number is lettered on cowl area. I don't know the significance of that letter "K" though.

Saw this one in Barrie last summer, you can see the "K09" plate and matching "K09" lettering below chrome strip just ahead of air cleaner:

banana262

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
Thanks!

banana262

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »
120 day warning!

Caught this Labatt Western Star pulling a pup through Oshawa on the 401, usually what I've been seeing in Durham lately:

banana262

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »
Caught this Volvo on the 401 branded in the Labatt colours.  Didn't know they used Volvos.  It was pulling a nice Bud trailer.
It's definitely not a great shot, but here it is.

JJG

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »
Now that is odd for sure, just doesn't seem right but great catch!

Jim

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:40 AM »
It seems they might be retiring the Western Stars in favour of Volvos.  :(

BBIGRIG

• Starts on the hood......Gets in the blood!
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47:37 PM »
I was at Cambridge Mack a month ago.  They were starting to PDI the New Volvos for Labatts that had just been ordered.  They will be delivered through Performance equipment in Miss.  Cambridge Mack does all PDI's for the Slaughtergraff group of dealers.  I believe I was told there is about 20 trucks.....but this is where it gets weird. 

5 of the trucks are VN670 sleepers(not sure who is loosing some highway work here?).....with 72" spread rear axles.....Why whom ever is ordering trucks still with 72" spread is beyond me.  You can now get the same weight on a 60" spread of drive axles. 
A highway truck with a 72"spread????

The rest of the order is daycabs.  Heavy front and rear axles (the usual) but to confuse everyone some more, Cummins ISX power and 18speed eaton Ultrashift (no clutch pedal)  Labatts wouldn't even put a Volvo I-shift in as a test.  Nor would they run a D13 high horsepower or D16 high Horse.  seems weird to order a Volvo with so many vendor options when you can get it under one roof and one place for warranty??

granitefan713

• My Truck Picture Collection
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
Here are two Labatt catches from Wayne Crane!

Plow Chaser

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
Those Labatta Lonestars are slick.

JJG

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
Wayne Crane asked me to post these "golden" oldies for him. A Mack R700, I believe these had CAT 3406 engines in them and they had NeWay air ride. VERY cool looking units!

and this cool Freightliner comes form BC, they probably used these as Freightliner had an assemble plant in Burnaby back then and the brewery is in New Westminster.

Jim.

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 05:34:39 AM »
Wayne Crane asked me to post these "golden" oldies for him. A Mack R700, I believe these had CAT 3406 engines in them and they had NeWay air ride. VERY cool looking units!

and this cool Freightliner comes form BC, they probably used these as Freightliner had an assemble plant in Burnaby back then and the brewery is in New Westminster.

Jim.

I worked summer casual at Labatt's between June '84 and September '84.
The R-700's were within a year or two of having entered into the Labatt's fleet.

Labatt's ordered them with all 3 vendor engines: Cat, Cummins and Detroit. Fuller 15-spd transmissions and Neway air ride.
I spent most of my time there driving the Western Stars, but did drive a Cummins-powered (NTC-400) R-700 one day. One of the few trucks I ever drove that handled much like a car - especially so on a delivery in downtown Toronto.
Right-wing Old School.

CPR6028

• Regular Membership
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone still pays attention to the Labatt fleet, but I'm a truck fan and I noticed that they mostly run their Volvos and the Internationals now. Also they have the newer B-doubles in with the triaxle on the lead trailer.

JJG

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone still pays attention to the Labatt fleet, but I'm a truck fan and I noticed that they mostly run their Volvos and the Internationals now. Also they have the newer B-doubles in with the triaxle on the lead trailer.

Yeah......Volvos, ......doesn't seem right really but........Lonestars where sharp but the Prostar seems a bit not so much wow factor. Pictures are still welcome, I live in BC now so never see anything from there unless via pics!

Welcome to the forum, there used to be another guy on here that had CPR in his title IIRC

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs