If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: KLLM refrigerated container  (Read 561 times)

Mike Berka

• J B Hunt fan since 1992. Swift fan since 2005.
KLLM refrigerated container
« on: June 22, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

Hank's Truck Forum

KLLM refrigerated container
« on: June 22, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

Mike Berka

Re: KLLM refrigerated container
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 01:41:31 PM »

Refrigerated container KLLU 329032 was manufactured by CIMC, a few months ago in March.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »
Hubba hubba! I hope these spread like wildfire, I could really use some fresh blood in the 53' can game around. Hub Group/JB Hunt/UMAX/EMP rules the roost in these parts.

Nice shots Mike. Where'd you find this?

Mike Berka

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:05:04 PM »
This was photographed at the Rich's food place in Niles, which is about seven miles from my house. I was on my bicycle, because there's a Home Depot nearby, where I can scope some J B Hunt trailers, and there is also a Costco, where I can scope some Swift trailers. This place here, does a lot of live loads. This KLLM was waiting for a C R England to finish. Usually with KLLM, I see their trailers. This place is small, and there isn't any way to drop off a number of containers or trailers. Also, there is no spotter jockey truck thing to move trailers and containers around. I've been going here for years, because I had a really good thing going with Swift dropping off just a few trailers, at a time. Maybe two or three. Last year though, J B Hunt took over, and as much as I love J B Hunt, I went backwards here because the trailers that J B Hunt drops off are the older ones, and I like the sideskirt types. Most of the time, the trucks here have to wait on the street for another to finish.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 05:59:02 AM »
Chicago huh? Nice. Seems like you have a good thing going here, hope your good luck continues and you get something better than old JB Hunt trailers in the future.

Mike Berka

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 07:32:07 PM »
Sometimes at this place I can find a 660 series Hyundai, or a sideskirt Wabash National, but for the most part they have the dot com era trailers there. Also, along with KLLM and C R England I have seen Marten, Tiger Cool Express, Stevens Transport, and I actually saw a J B Hunt refrigerated container too. I have several locations within an eight mile radius of my house, where I ride my bicycle, where I scope J B Hunt and Swift, but also along the way I pass other locations. For the most part, I usually take my camera with in case I see something of a something. A lot of times though, it's hard to find something to snap, and also depending on where it's parked. There are times when I see something, but the location where it's parked which is sometimes between two trailers or containers, or where I just can't get a good angle. I'm always on the lookout, and believe me, I'm trying to get photos of containers and trailers, but sometimes it's difficult.

I'm trying to find and get good photos of new J B Hunt trailers and containers, and also some ONE 20 and 45 foot containers, and also those Hub Group cause containers. There are locations here where all of these containers are dropped off, but it's not easy finding certain ones, and then, getting them out in the open. I'm trying though. I'm also on the lookout for whatever else I can find.

Ruffin51

• Regular Membership
    • CONTAINERIZATION
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
Great find Mike! You've been on a roll lately! Did not know these exist  :o

Mike Berka

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »

Container KLLU 329071 was manufactured by CIMC, earlier this year in March.

partsman88

• Regular Membership
    • My page (Flickr)
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 03:15:15 PM »
Nice. I see these are a joint venture between KLLM and FFE, it'll be interesting to see if they find their way nationwide or only on select routes. Seems like select routes would be better because they probably can only go so far with the limited room for the reefer fuel tanks on the cans.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 03:15:15 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs