Author Topic: Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??  (Read 3071 times)

Jerry Austin

Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:02:12 AM »
  Just came across this picture, while tracking down photos for my FREIGHTLINER "Bubblenose" thread; here is a magnificent 2/3 scale "BUBBLENOSE"!! Now...here's where things start to get interesting....WHY was this truck built? Was it the FREIGHTLINER answer to the PETERBILT "Mighty Mites?" Another miniature publicity truck? I would safely assume that this handsome miniature tractor originally hauled a TRAILER. What happened to it? And WHY was the truck built in the first place?

Right now, I'm going to say that it must have been a FREIGHTLINER promotional vehicle, like PIE's "MIGHTY MITES"; I cannot, of course, say for sure, as I lack any other information whatsoever. If any of the experts here can shed any light on this latest 'Mystery Minature", PLEASE let us know! Thanks! Jerry  
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:04:05 AM by Jerry Austin »
"THE RUMBLE OF THE DIESEL, THE SHIFTIN' OF THE GEARS! THE RHYTHM WHEN HE'S MOVIN' IS MUSIC TO HIS EARS! CANNONBALL! CANNONBALL!"

Hank's Truck Forum

Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:02:12 AM »

Jerry Austin

Re: Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:07:03 AM »
.....where are Mr. Holmes and Mr. Watson when you need them most?? :roll: :roll:
"THE RUMBLE OF THE DIESEL, THE SHIFTIN' OF THE GEARS! THE RHYTHM WHEN HE'S MOVIN' IS MUSIC TO HIS EARS! CANNONBALL! CANNONBALL!"

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:07:03 AM »
Drivewyze

Jerry Austin

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:14:38 AM »
WOW!! :-o :-o Just came across another picture of the 1950 2/3 scale "BUBBLENOSE"; it is owned by the PACIFIC NORTHWEST TRUCKING MUSEUM!! :-) THIS IS A REAL SHARPIE!!!! :-) :-)

Jerry Austin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:20:28 AM »
JEEPERS CREEPERS!! :-o :-o How about this MAGNIFICENT 2/3 scale FREIGHTLINER COE, hauiling a 3/10 scale '92 FORD!! :-o :-o

Jerry Austin

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
NICE lil' power plant!!!! :-D :-D

eymurphey

• When we see what we want to see, and hear what we
    • "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 08:23:46 AM »
DITTO----

"I'M LIKING TRUCKS"  ---- http://georgedennis.blogspot.com/

" We shall learn more & more about less & less until we know everything about nothing"

eymurphey

• "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »
WOW!! :-o :-o Just came across another picture of the 1950 2/3 scale "BUBBLENOSE"; it is owned by the PACIFIC NORTHWEST TRUCKING MUSEUM!! :-) THIS IS A REAL SHARPIE!!!! :-) :-)

WHO BUILT EM????

" We shall learn more & more about less & less until we know everything about nothing"

Jerry Austin

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »
Hey, George: Whaddya wanna wager that we've got yet ANOTHER "MINI" mystery on our hands.......(!!) :-o :-o :-o This could get BERY interesting indeed, my friend...... :-D  Jerry

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 01:12:59 AM »

Answered your question in Bubblenose thread - they were built by Ken Self, retired Chairman of the Freightliner Board of Directors.
Right-wing Old School.

Jerry Austin

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 02:55:44 AM »

Answered your question in Bubblenose thread - they were built by Ken Self, retired Chairman of the Freightliner Board of Directors.
Hey, Doug: Just read your post in my 'Bubblenose" thread....and again, thank you!! :-) Jerry

eymurphey

• "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 03:45:51 AM »

I thank you too!!!! Great Info --

plastictrucker

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
20 some odd years ago I saw a 2/3 conventional freightliner at a few cayuga BIG RIG 150 show n shines.It was red and had a VW 4 banger diesel.Painted red.I think it was built by a guy who worked at pickering freightliner.
Any one got pics??

ElijahsArt

• Peterbilt Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 06:36:57 AM »
I want one SOOOOOO BAD! :cry:

Elijah Michael Farran

plastictrucker

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:45 AM »
20 some odd years ago I saw a 2/3 conventional freightliner at a few cayuga BIG RIG 150 show n shines.It was red and had a VW 4 banger diesel.Painted red.I think it was built by a guy who worked at pickering freightliner.
Any one got pics??

I found it

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/jim_groeneweg/2005/collection/negs/misc/file0029.jpg

Kevin