Author Topic: Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??  (Read 1851 times)

Jerry Austin

Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:02:12 AM »
  Just came across this picture, while tracking down photos for my FREIGHTLINER "Bubblenose" thread; here is a magnificent 2/3 scale "BUBBLENOSE"!! Now...here's where things start to get interesting....WHY was this truck built? Was it the FREIGHTLINER answer to the PETERBILT "Mighty Mites?" Another miniature publicity truck? I would safely assume that this handsome miniature tractor originally hauled a TRAILER. What happened to it? And WHY was the truck built in the first place?

Right now, I'm going to say that it must have been a FREIGHTLINER promotional vehicle, like PIE's "MIGHTY MITES"; I cannot, of course, say for sure, as I lack any other information whatsoever. If any of the experts here can shed any light on this latest 'Mystery Minature", PLEASE let us know! Thanks! Jerry  
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:04:05 AM by Jerry Austin »
"THE RUMBLE OF THE DIESEL, THE SHIFTIN' OF THE GEARS! THE RHYTHM WHEN HE'S MOVIN' IS MUSIC TO HIS EARS! CANNONBALL! CANNONBALL!"

Jerry Austin

Re: Was this the "FREIGHTLINER" answer to the "MIGHTY MITE"??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:07:03 AM »
.....where are Mr. Holmes and Mr. Watson when you need them most?? :roll: :roll:
"THE RUMBLE OF THE DIESEL, THE SHIFTIN' OF THE GEARS! THE RHYTHM WHEN HE'S MOVIN' IS MUSIC TO HIS EARS! CANNONBALL! CANNONBALL!"

Jerry Austin

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:14:38 AM »
WOW!! :-o :-o Just came across another picture of the 1950 2/3 scale "BUBBLENOSE"; it is owned by the PACIFIC NORTHWEST TRUCKING MUSEUM!! :-) THIS IS A REAL SHARPIE!!!! :-) :-)

Jerry Austin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:20:28 AM »
JEEPERS CREEPERS!! :-o :-o How about this MAGNIFICENT 2/3 scale FREIGHTLINER COE, hauiling a 3/10 scale '92 FORD!! :-o :-o

Jerry Austin

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
NICE lil' power plant!!!! :-D :-D

eymurphey

• When we see what we want to see, and hear what we
    • "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 08:23:46 AM »
DITTO----

"I'M LIKING TRUCKS"  ---- http://georgedennis.blogspot.com/

" We shall learn more & more about less & less until we know everything about nothing"

eymurphey

• "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »
WOW!! :-o :-o Just came across another picture of the 1950 2/3 scale "BUBBLENOSE"; it is owned by the PACIFIC NORTHWEST TRUCKING MUSEUM!! :-) THIS IS A REAL SHARPIE!!!! :-) :-)

WHO BUILT EM????

" We shall learn more & more about less & less until we know everything about nothing"

Jerry Austin

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »
Hey, George: Whaddya wanna wager that we've got yet ANOTHER "MINI" mystery on our hands.......(!!) :-o :-o :-o This could get BERY interesting indeed, my friend...... :-D  Jerry

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 01:12:59 AM »

Answered your question in Bubblenose thread - they were built by Ken Self, retired Chairman of the Freightliner Board of Directors.
Right-wing Old School.

Jerry Austin

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 02:55:44 AM »

Answered your question in Bubblenose thread - they were built by Ken Self, retired Chairman of the Freightliner Board of Directors.
Hey, Doug: Just read your post in my 'Bubblenose" thread....and again, thank you!! :-) Jerry

eymurphey

• "I'M LIKING TRUCKS"
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 03:45:51 AM »

I thank you too!!!! Great Info --

plastictrucker

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
20 some odd years ago I saw a 2/3 conventional freightliner at a few cayuga BIG RIG 150 show n shines.It was red and had a VW 4 banger diesel.Painted red.I think it was built by a guy who worked at pickering freightliner.
Any one got pics??

ElijahsArt

• Peterbilt Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 06:36:57 AM »
I want one SOOOOOO BAD! :cry:

Elijah Michael Farran

plastictrucker

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:45 AM »
20 some odd years ago I saw a 2/3 conventional freightliner at a few cayuga BIG RIG 150 show n shines.It was red and had a VW 4 banger diesel.Painted red.I think it was built by a guy who worked at pickering freightliner.
Any one got pics??

I found it

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/jim_groeneweg/2005/collection/negs/misc/file0029.jpg

Kevin