If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Aladero Pantyhose Junction, Dunnigan, California  (Read 5140 times)

Running Scared

Aladero Pantyhose Junction, Dunnigan, California
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »
Food wasn't bad, nice atmosphere

Hank's Truck Forum

Aladero Pantyhose Junction, Dunnigan, California
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »

Hanky

Re: Aladero Pantyhose Junction, Dunnigan, California
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:19:05 PM »
Wife was cleaning out our closet and look what she found. Still fits so I might have to wear it again along with 2 hats from this stop.  Stopped there many times in the 1980's.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
Hope the Mrs. wasn't too inquisitive Hanky. ;D I know the place has been closed for a while but i found this article that some might find interesting.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-02-27/news/1991058227_1_find-pantyhose-mazzanti-truckers

Hanky

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »
Hope the Mrs. wasn't too inquisitive Hanky. ;D I know the place has been closed for a while but i found this article that some might find interesting.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-02-27/news/1991058227_1_find-pantyhose-mazzanti-truckers
Back in the day she did not like me wearing my hat or shirts when we were together.  Now at our age she has mellowed out and is used to my quirks. ;)

Jimmy B

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
So, from time to time I'd take my wife along when I was an O/O. On this particular trip we were head north out of the Bay Area. Saw the ARCO truck stop sign, and it was time for dinner. This had to have been mid year 1974. The wife and I got out and headed into the restaurant, sat down and waited for the waitress. I'd noticed that they had micro-mini skirts on as part of the "uniform." Ordered up then got our food, our waitress was busing a table. All of a sudden my wife says in a hushed voice; "look at that." I said look at what? "There she said" following here stealth finger point, caught the waitress leaned over the next table stretching to fill the salt and pepper shakers. On the seat of her panties was a "Keep on Trucking" patch!

Wow! Then my wife gave me the dickens for looking! Sometimes you just can't win...<LOL>

Jimmy B   
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:53:41 PM by Jimmy B »

JJG

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »
NICE! Stopped in there too any time I went down that way, yes the food was descent, service good and the girls were clad in just that!!

Jim.

Hanky

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »
Here are I my two hats that came out of the back of the same closet.  I am sure there are many a story from there. I know that I always wash up good and had clean cloths on.  Did not not want to look like I lived in the truck for a month.

hwyhaulier

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
Jimmy B - Charlie - All -

Thanks! TIME WARP? In the same era, recall, the 'customer service associates' on the
Intrastate Carrier, AIR CALIFORNIA with uniforms of somewhat scanty attire...

........................Vern.........................

Hanky

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »
I was going to take hats to our local thrift store,,, but now I am thinking will hang onto them and ware at the Salem Oregon, 2016  ATHS truck show. :D As long as the wife does not pitch them.

Joetro

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
I have a couple of Aladero decals floating around here, somewhere. I also have one on a hardhat. Their closing was the beginning of my loathing of Pilot.

wbache

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 08:50:11 PM »
Used to stop there a lot when I drove for General Cable who had a plant in Colusa CA (west of Williams on CA 20).  CHP guys used to stop there too.

Hanky

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »
Have not been that way for 30 years or so,  what is at that corner now??? ;)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »