If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Hanson Transport Hamilton before it was Canadian Freightways  (Read 1821 times)

pete

Hanson Transport Hamilton before it was Canadian Freightways
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:37:10 PM »
They were into steel hauling besides LTL.They had a bunch of Leyland Beavers(Canada Diesels or Can Cars),triaxle rack trailers I think some A trains.The odd thing was diesel tractors using vacuum trailer brakes.Their Toronto yard was on Lisgar St(Queen /Dufferln)I think they were on Woodward in Hamilton.When CF took over I think the steel business was spun off.A lot of companies spun off the class C (TL) parts  of their licences.A lot of the older carriers did both but by the 60's they started to go TL or LTL.
pete

Hank's Truck Forum

Hanson Transport Hamilton before it was Canadian Freightways
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:37:10 PM »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
Re: Hanson Transport Hamilton before it was Canadian Freightways
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:24:16 PM »
I remember them being on Lisgar Street but didn't know about their steel business.
Didn't they make the papers when a CF pup broke loose and crashed somewhere around The Monument on the QEW (when the Monument was still in the median of the east and westbound lanes at the Humber Bridge).
I don't think CF had any interest in their Class C license.

They were into steel hauling besides LTL.They had a bunch of Leyland Beavers(Canada Diesels or Can Cars),triaxle rack trailers I think some A trains.The odd thing was diesel tractors using vacuum trailer brakes.Their Toronto yard was on Lisgar St(Queen /Dufferln)I think they were on Woodward in Hamilton.When CF took over I think the steel business was spun off.A lot of companies spun off the class C (TL) parts  of their licences.A lot of the older carriers did both but by the 60's they started to go TL or LTL.
pete

Madartist48

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
There yard in Hamilton was actually on Glow Avenue just off of Woodward.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs