Author Topic: DCP ABFs on EBAY!  (Read 689 times)

Mike C

• Resident Schneider Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
Re: DCP ABFs on EBAY!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
Yeah these always go for alot,  Seen one go for around $600 once.  I picked ine up for $250.00 with the "Buy it Now" option :-D :-D  I got super lucky

1953 kw bullnose

• Thats right!
    • My truck show pics.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
Yours is a very low number too.

Mike C

• Resident Schneider Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »
Yours is a very low number too.

Yup 0010 of 1002 :-D

Chris_E

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
Interesting how the tractor is an International, as ABF never had any for line power.  I'd still get it though.  Too bad it's an arm and a leg. :-(
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 01:49:04 AM »
Too bad it's an arm and a leg. :-(

Several arms and legs, actually. :roll: What people are willing to pay for something like this never ceases to amaze me, even though I know they're next to impossible to find. Don't get me wrong, I'd add it to my collection in a heartbeat, but not at this price.

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

The DAFman

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 04:08:56 AM »
Hello guys,

Those "prices" for "just" a model is in my eyes only "USURY" and NOTHING ELSE!!!!!
I "KNOW" they are "rare", but you can't "tell" me that those models are that price "worth"!!!!!
That one is now by about 320,-!!!!!
That is "more" money than many people "earn" in a week, even for people in Germany who "lives" from "social money"  more than the whole month!!!!!
We have the same with "TEKNO-models" in Holland!!!!!
They have fantastic models in their collection (1/50-scale) but "paying" 599,- (almost US$900,-!!!!!)for "just" one modell is IMO a big way out of normal "relations"!!!!!
I "know" I am crazy (in a special kind of way) with my big collection, but my "limit/pain-limit" is maximum 250,- for just "one" model!!!!!
I bought 6 fantastic old and "rare version's/livery's" from Lion-toys (1/50-scale), all "DAF'S", for that price last friday!!!!!
I really "love" my models, but even I "have" a "limit"!!!!!
They are "just" models and you can't "live" from them and you wouldn't "die" either by "not having" them!!!!!
Greetings from Germany,

The DAFman, Leo
Deceased.

Greg_E

• Greg Elgart Collection
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 04:11:14 AM »
I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my models right now so these won't be making it on to my dresser anytime soon. :lol:

Updated: 11/22/14

Cornbinder

• OPEN ROAD...a trucker's dream....
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
I saw an ABF a few year's back for 300.00 or so and I said that was too much, and now 500.00. I'm a collecter Ive got about 70 diecast's but I won't be adding that ABF. LOL

charlie

• Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »
If i'm reading this stuff right it's $500 for a tractor (International) that ABF never had in their fleet AFAIK?  :?  Wait a few more months & you should be able to pick up a real Mack CH for a few bucks more on Truck Trader. :lol:

Freightliner Guy

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »
It's an International tractor. Because that's the only daycab truck DCP had at the time. I know of another model that was made from an International and the real truck is a T-600. Oh well.