If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Jeffery's Cartage  (Read 4407 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Jeffery's Cartage
« on: January 13, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »
Another old carrier from the Niagara region was Jeffery's Cartage of St.Catharines. I think they hauled mostly paper products in multi axle trailers.
What happened to them?
Down the tubes or were they bought out by someone?

Hank's Truck Forum

Jeffery's Cartage
« on: January 13, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
jeffery
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 09:08:33 PM »
Jeffery was a victim some bad buisness practices. They underpaid their drivers and for the most part ran underpowered junk. After years Jeffery's was not to liked among the trucking industry and to gain more running rights he relied on bad moves that eventually caught up to him and in the end he closed down Jeffery Cartage which was a favour to other respected and honestly run local trucking companies. I believe Jeffery was located in Vineland or Beamsville.
 Years later Jeffery's son Warren started a company called Global Agriculture Products and then he changed the name in 1988 to Future Fast Freight.
And now thats the rest of the story

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
Jeffery's Cartage.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 11:33:59 PM »
What do you mean by "junk"?

Wasn't any different than what anyone else was running at the time - there might have been a few more tag-axles than others.
Right-wing Old School.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re:Future Fast Freight
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 07:29:07 AM »
Quote from: c.j. hall
Years later Jeffery's son Warren started a company called Global Agriculture Products and then he changed the name in 1988 to Future Fast Freight.
And now thats the rest of the story

Now, THERE'S a name I recall. They were running some pretty fancy reefer outfits. But they closed down.
One of their drivers was caught smuggling drugs. They were "concealed" in a fuel tank, but the story I heard was there were so many the American drug squad dogs started barking as the truck went by. The Americans called their Canadian friends and said "Check That Truck".
BUSTED!
That was in the late 90's.

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
junk
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 07:14:37 PM »
Let me rephrase that from junk to not well maintained equipment. The actual trucks were fine and yes the same as any one else at the time but maintenance was not on high priority. This info is coming from an ex Jeffery driver I spoke with a couple of month's ago. This driver is still waiting for money from 30 years ago that is owed to him.

Hank's Truck Forum

junk
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 07:14:37 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs