If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: From My Internet Collection  (Read 7855 times)

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
Re: From My Internet Collection
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
You probably have seen them on more than one site. When i come a cross pictures I like. I grab them for my internet collection. ( I always state that they are not mine )  Plus I have people send me there pictures after seeing my youtube videos. Right now I estimate that I have over 4000 pictures..   :-) :-)

Thanks Dwayne. I will happily add them to the collection   :-D

In plain language:
It is not a complaint, but you took some of them from my site and my collection WITHOUT my permission (It is easy to find which ones, because my name and picture details is in the right corner). Ask permission first, especially if you expect to repost them elsewhere. It is more polite and respectful for the owner. Generally, I give my ok when someone takes the time to ask before.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

barraclou

• On the road again
    • Barraclou.com/truck
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »
Even though, I have no clue which site is yours and honestly don't care. I am sorry that I ruffled your feathers by sharing them on here. Then again, if it bothers you so bad and you feel cheated, then put a water mark on them. As for asking permission first. I don't need to unless I'm making monetary gain from them. (Which I am not.)  ........

Asking permission, it is not just about making monetary gain, it is about reusing one's property. It is not just me, Hank's site states the same thing. Think of it as one going at your place, take something there without telling you and use it elsewhere.

About the watermarks, you'll be surprised, but they're all watermarked as everything else I put online.

DIESEL-FUMES

• "FOREVER A FIFTH WHEEL FREAK"
    • Family Story
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »

It has been bothering me all day, about the way i  handle my self towards your unhappiness about me using your pictures. I am sorry for not asking permission first. in no way was I trying to be sneaky or take credit for them. I also didn't know they where yours or they where on your page. I found them while I was surfing for truck pictures. I liked them and thought it would be cool to share them. The reason why I collect pictures from the net is like a lot of people on here. I eat breath and live for old trucks. Another reason I collect them. So people can go through them to see what kind of paint schemes look good. also, I have used my collection to look at transtar pictures to see how things where originally installed on the truck. I also should add, that I am not the only one who likes your pictures. Because I have had at least two of them sent to me by other truck freaks. On average I receive about 15 to 20 pictures from people each week. all most all of them are of there family's trucks and they send them to me after seeing some of my slide shows that I have put together. anyways, I'm going dove hunting right now. but when I get back I will remove your pictures. But I would really enjoy it, if you where to share them with the rest. Like I said. I don't make any money off of them or even my pictures. I was asked to cover a couple shows this rear for a trucking industry magazine. but I declined. one reason was I had a bad experience in the past. the other reason is, I would rather share them on here. anyways, Like I said . I am truly sorry for not asking and even more sorry for being a complete numb skull about it.

Peace and happy Trucking    :wink:
Truck Pictures by Terry W.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Sams%20page.htm

"Preserving The History of Trucking Through Photography"

ElijahsArt

• Peterbilt Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »
I had the same problem about a month ago, except some of the people held a gruge! :roll:

Elijah Michael Farran

ElijahsArt

• Peterbilt Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
But this is an EXCELLENT collection! 8-)

Elijah Michael Farran

Rick Sousa

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 12:46:23 AM »
Nice collection Terry I see some of my trucks made your collection. I am honored that you like them. I never watermark my pictures I just post them on the worldwide internet for people to enjoy. The way I figure it is they are history and without history there is no future. I never got rich in the trucking business and will never get rich in the photography business but I sure do enjoy both. People who get uptight about their pictures being posted should not share them. JMO and Yes Charlie I was a lot younger back then. :-D

Ray F

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 12:47:53 AM »
Nice collection Terry I see some of my trucks made your collection. I am honored that you like them. I never watermark my pictures I just post them on the worldwide internet for people to enjoy. The way I figure it is they are history and without history there is no future. I never got rich in the trucking business and will never get rich in the photography business but I sure do enjoy both. People who get uptight about their pictures being posted should not share them. JMO and Yes Charlie I was a lot younger back then. :-D
X2 Thats the same way i feel as well  :-D

DIESEL-FUMES

• "FOREVER A FIFTH WHEEL FREAK"
    • Family Story
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 04:25:17 AM »

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. But Rick you better watch out. because I might just kick it up a notch and snag your Truck.... :evil: :evil: 
Truck Pictures by Terry W.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Sams%20page.htm

"Preserving The History of Trucking Through Photography"

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 04:25:17 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs