If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Waupun 2009  (Read 14157 times)

DIESEL-FUMES

• "FOREVER A FIFTH WHEEL FREAK"
    • Family Story
Re: Waupun 2009
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 03:54:26 AM »
Hmm... I don't think I heard the story on that, but it doesn't sound like it was a pleasant experience. I briefly, and not very seriously, threw around the idea of trying to make some money on my photos, but I figured it wouldn't be worth it. I know if I tried to make money off it, it wouldn't be as fun any more. Plus, I'm not THAT good.

I've enjoyed what you posted so far. My favorite of the bunch is that 362. I look forward to seeing more.

Your right on not doing your hobby for a living. Especially weddings !! but I was asked to do last years and should have stuck to my answer "NO " but its over and that's that. as for not being good enough. Please step in front of a mirror and smack your self. Never say that!  Some of the best pictures in the world where taken by people, who just love to take pictures. One of the things, I think that can ruin a photographer is to take Photography classes. because once you do. we have nothing but the same picture as every one else.....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:56:17 AM by DIESEL-FUMES »
Truck Pictures by Terry W.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Sams%20page.htm

"Preserving The History of Trucking Through Photography"

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 03:54:26 AM »

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 04:54:38 AM »
I think the IT tractor is the best :-) Pretty sure the four digit tractor number indicates the West Coast and the three numbered trucks were East coast trucks.............. :-D
Glad you mentioned it, was trying to remember the number scheme.
I think you're right about the 4 digit being west coast, and Canadian trucks as well which had  the first two digits being 69, followed by two digits that designated when you joined the fleet, 6901 would be the first Canadian IT truck.

Do you remember if 3 digits was east coast only, or were they midwestern as well?
Were there letters in some of the unit numbers?
(lousy memory, doh)
The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »
According to the owner, the truck was never an IT Truck. He found it in a barn in Nebraska, And New It came from Consolidated Peterbilt . (some where in this article is a picture of it.)

Pete B.

• From - Lomira, Wi.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 02:44:41 PM »
Ha Ha....... Rather shy person here.  The only people I have ever met on the boards were Kevin Young and Richard Coash, and even than I had a cold and could barely get 2 words out at a time.  :x  That was 3 years ago. 

Nothing against you.... just the way I am.

LOL! I live in Lomira too. I didn't know Steve did too.
I'd Rather Be Driving A

D50

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
Please step in front of a mirror and smack your self. Never say that!  Some of the best pictures in the world where taken by people, who just love to take pictures. One of the things, I think that can ruin a photographer is to take Photography classes. because once you do. we have nothing but the same picture as every one else.....
Ha! Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a good photopher, just not a really, really good one, which I think you have to be in order to be a professional photographer. I disagree with you on the photography classes. I think a good class (or classes) would be beneficial. (I haven't taken any yet, but I'd like to). There are compositional rules, which if you follow all of them might make your pictures like everyone elses, but I believe, like all the good sources I've read, that you can still get great pictures by breaking the rules. I have my own style when it comes to truck photography and I don't think taking classes would ruin that.   :wink:

Sorry to digress from the topic of Waupun. Let's see some more pictures!

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »

LOL! I live in Lomira too. I didn't know Steve did too.

i'm probably wrong. i think he might live up bu the rapids. either way i'm hurt
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:51:50 PM by DIESEL-FUMES »

Steve_WI

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »
I wish I lived up in that neck of the woods.  Been through there a couple times.  Beautiful country. 

Im a southern boy when it comes to the state. Janesville area.

Surprised there are no pics of the Smith Transport/I65 Pete cabover. 

Not a lot of head turners this year... but safe to say the economy has a part in that.  Alot of dump trucks this year, I thought.  I read an article somewhere that stated Tod Job might be gettin out of truckin and going back to engineering.  Hate to see his Pete and reefer combo go.

Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

slowride

• carry on
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »
This has to be one of the best shows I have been to. It was really great having terry show me around all day he is a real nice guy. Since I was a little kid my favorite part of parades were the trucks and tractors and around here they were always in the end,I was like a kid again with a parade with nothing but trucks.

Mackinac359

• Red Oval obsessed for over 35 years!
    • Tims Trucks - The Obsession
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »
Nice pics!  I like the 352H.

Tim

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »
Brandon.

Did you sun burn your eye's ?  Mine hurt like a son of a gun for a couple day's. Btw. when did you load out of fond du lac ? also thanks for the complements guys..

slowride

• carry on
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »
No my eyes got burned eating at the smoke filled stretch cafe for two days.I got loaded out monday night and ended up going to monroe for one pallet then up to rochester for the rest.

Lone Wolf

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »
Thank you so much for these pictures! The Peterbilt-brochure is also extremely interesting!!

Matti
I couldn't repair your brakes so
I made your horn louder.

pons

• Life is good
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »
Glad you mentioned it, was trying to remember the number scheme.
I think you're right about the 4 digit being west coast, and Canadian trucks as well which had  the first two digits being 69, followed by two digits that designated when you joined the fleet, 6901 would be the first Canadian IT truck.

Do you remember if 3 digits was east coast only, or were they midwestern as well?
Were there letters in some of the unit numbers?
(lousy memory, doh)

I think three digit numbers were midwestern too, not sure about the letters. :-) The guy that started Southern Pride was a IT o/o.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:33:33 PM by pons »
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."   Quote: Yogi Berra

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »
Excellent pics, Terry! The show doesn't look the least bit stale to me, hehe!  :wink:  Very cool that you and Brandon got to meet up, you're right about him being a great guy! Also, good deal on getting a pic of him and his truck, I never thought about that myself... shame on me.  :roll:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

DIESEL-FUMES

• Family Story
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 04:42:09 AM »

Jan.

I know why you forgot to get a picture. you where to busy making deals on Vehicles.  "Brandon told me about your Deal"  :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 04:42:09 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs