If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: A Basic Tutorial on Posting Pictures  (Read 23499 times)

Hammer Time

• Global Moderator
  • Technical Advisor
    • Owner Operators Connect
A Basic Tutorial on Posting Pictures
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »
Follow these simple steps and you should be posting pictures from your hard drive in no time at all......

To start off, you want to get a free Photobucket account by going to www.photobucket.com - Once at photobucket you'll see this screen (Click on all thumbnails to enlarge)

Click the BIG RED BUTTON that says REGISTER NOW. Once you've done this the next screen will ask you to come up with a user name and password and it should look something like this...

Once you have your username and password entered it is good practice to write it down for safe-keeping. Now you will want to press the green button that says submit. The next page asks for some personal information as well as your email address, it is important that you give a valid email address because this is one way to recover a lost or forgotten password.

When you're finished entering your personal information you can left click on the green button that says Submit.....Congratulations....you have just completed the toughest part of posting pictures on Hanks Forum, now comes the easy part.

Once you clicked the submit button this is the screen that you'll be brought to....

For the time being, all that you need to acquaint yourself with on this screen is the BROWSE and SUBMIT buttons. First we need to get the pictures that you want to put on Hanks Forum copied from your hard-drive to your photobucket account, to do this we'll use the browse button. When you click the browse button you'll get a menu that looks something like this.....

The above menu is essentially how you'll find the pictures you want to upload(copy)....so you need to know where they reside on your hard-drive (I.E. what folder). The Windows XP operating system comes from the factory with a folder titled My Pictures and this is where I, and most people store their pictures on their computer, so I'll show you how to extract pictures from that folder. At the top of this menu there is an arrow pointing downwards....click on this to get something like the next screenshot

Click the folder from the list that reads My Documents, if for some reason you don't see this folder try clicking Desktop and then clicking My Documents....once in the My Documents folder you want to find the folder that reads My Pictures and click on it.

Now that were inside the My Pictures folder or you have found where your pictures re-side on your hard-drive, all you need to do is select a picture to put on Hanks Forum and double click on it.

OK...were getting really close :-D

Now that you've double clicked on the picture you'll notice that the file path that you created has shown up next to the browse button.....now all you need to do is press the submit button and your photo will be on the Internet.

I think another Congratulations is in order....now were cookin' with gas :-D :-D.....now you should have a picture showing up in your Internet Explorer Window. Were just a couple steps away from having that picture on Hanks Forum. This is the menu you should see under your newly uploaded picture.

Now all you need to concern yourself with is the info in the text box to the right of the BLUE text that says IMG...I underlined the important information in red. Now were going to highlight the information in the box by left clicking inside that box, once you've done this right-click inside the box and click the button that says Copy.

Next were going to open another Internet Explorer window and go to www.hankstruckpictures.com/forum01 and create a new post in which to insert your new picture in. Once you have the new topic window or reply to post window open, click on the big text box once and then right click on it with your mouse, you'll get the same menu as in the previous step, only this time you'll press paste.

Create a title for your post and any additional information you'd like to include in the text box and then click the POST button. You should have ended up with something like this....

« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:31:53 PM by Hammer Time »

Hank's Truck Forum

A Basic Tutorial on Posting Pictures
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

Hammer Time

• Global Moderator
  • Technical Advisor
    • Owner Operators Connect
Re: A Basic Tutorial on Posting Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:36:05 PM »
Most thumbnails in this post will go into Super-Enlargement-Mode, which obviously makes them bigger and it tremendously increases the clarity. Hover over the picture when it opens in the new window and in the corner of the screen you'll see a little icon that looks like a picture with arrows pointing outwards around the outside of it.....click on this.

OL'TC

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »
Hammer Time,

Vert good instruction and think this will help all the ones that have been having trouble, Good Job.

Ol'TC

israelitruckfan

• Ahhh, the power of Marmon...
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 07:14:22 AM »
thank you
You should maybe find a hobby or a sport, spend sometime outside perhaps.
REDSOX!
Oh well, 18-1....

§wishy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 06:18:57 PM »
HammarTime

GuddayM8

Sorry to hijak your thread here

LOL

here's a animated tutorial I did on Imageshak sum time back
it is also a free host site

anaimated tutorial
so watch it

cya

§wishy
HasBeen

road.rascal

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »
i find imageshack alot easyer then photobucket

protrker

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 07:40:39 PM »
If you find pictures already on www that you would like to post on the forum for further discussion:

1) right click picture

2) scroll down to properties and left click

3) hi-light url (left click 3 times quickly to hi light url), right click to copy url

4) paste the link in a new post or reply with either just the link shown or add to either side of url to make the picture appear in the thread in the forum.

Doesn't always work as some sites have copywrite protection that will appear after you right click the picture. However, it is still possible to send the photo to your own email, upload to photobucket and so on.

Note: always be sure to give credit where credit is due when pirating other sites' for photos & using them for link hosts.

JC650

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 06:48:46 AM »
THANKS FOR THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS. EVERYTHING WENT WELL ON THE FIRST TRY!!

bernie

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »
if using photobucket and using firefox for a browser, which you should be, then dl Flock, and then you can upload folders with one click.

Jason M.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 01:52:22 AM »
Dumb question, if I have some actual photos in hand, do I still follow the above steps??  Or can I scan them (I have a scanner)  Thanks for any help--Jason

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 02:16:54 AM »
Jason

Scan them first then get them into Photobucket & then onto the site just like a regular pic. Hope this helps. :|

Jason M.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 12:23:38 PM »
Thank you, Charlie, I'll work on this.  I'd love to start posting stuff I see everyday.

blackangel

• demain est un autre jour
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 02:36:06 AM »

I put my photos with imageshack, I find very well  :-D

ATeam

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »
Hammer Time's tutorial is four years old and there has been an explosion in online photo albums and tools in those four years. What are people using now to post photos on Hank's and what is the easiest way to do thumbnails now?

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »
Phil

As a true believer in the maxim if it ain't broke don't fix iti still do thumbnails via the Werkhorse method.........but i'm open to anything that's an improvement. :)

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs