If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: All Brockway Cortland NY  (Read 5120 times)

Rich Reinhart

• Regular Membership
All Brockway Cortland NY
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:11:09 AM »
I`d love to go, but the 196 mile one way distance is a deal breaker..
Hell yeah son, I`ve driven a Superliner .....

Member ATCA and ATHS

Hank's Truck Forum

All Brockway Cortland NY
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:11:09 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

The DAFman

Re: All Brockway Cortland NY
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
Hello Rich,

I really loved to go to that show also!!!!!
But "spending" 1500,- (so about US$2200,-) for "just" 4 days is more than "to much" for me!!!!!
(Specialy the "flight-costs" does "eat" you alive!!!!!)
Now "saving money" and planning that show in our 2010 US-trip!!!!!
Hope now for somebody else who will visit and can make and add pictures of that show!!!!!
Take care, safe trips anytimes and "Keep on Trucking"!!!!!
Greetings from Emmerich am Rhein, Germany,

The DAFman, Leo
Deceased.

Rich Reinhart

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:08:34 AM »
I guess it wouldnt be too bad Leo. It`s 4 lane super highway 95% of the trip, Lets see what the weather looks like for that weekend..

Member ATCA and ATHS

The DAFman

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:35:01 AM »
Hello Rich,

If you will go to that show, I will pray for real "good" weather" for you!!!!!
Hope also you can make me "real" happy with some pictures!!!!!
For next year we are "planning" now that show in for our holiday-trip!!!!!
Also visiting "Allentown, PA." and the "Mack" factories is very high on that list!!!!!
Do you know if there are any possebilities to "visit" the Mack factory as "tourists"??
From there we want to go north, seeing and driving the famous "turnpike" and than into "Michigan"!!!!!
You know, seeing (and hearing) their "specials" LIFE!!!!! Also that famous "Mackinaw-bridge" is on that list!!!!!
Maybe than heading further through Canada and than going back to "good old Europe"!!!!!
We will visit Ontario also this year in September, (only 2 weeks, :-( :-( :cry: :cry:) and "meeting" some Forum members!!!!!
Untill that time we have "plenty" of time for "saving money" and "organize" everything!!!!!
If you have some "tips" for Pennsylvania (I am also a big Train and Air-plane spotter!!!!!) we are already "very thankfull" for them!!!
You can send me a PM, otherwise we are going to much "off-topic"!!!!!
For now, take care, safe trips anytimes and have "real big fun" on the Cortland show!!!!!
Greetings from Germany,

Leo
Deceased.

Rich Reinhart

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »
Sure Leo, there are tours of the Mack plant in Macungie (the last one left in the Allentown area). There used to be a minimum number of members per tour, dont know if that still pertains or not. And the Mack Museum is here too, as well as the America on Wheels museum in Allentown.

Member ATCA and ATHS

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54:16 AM »
I`d love to go, but the 196 mile one way distance is a deal breaker..

Yeah the 286 mile one way distance kinda made me rethink this years show too.  :-( Lookin' for something a little closer to home to fill in the open date now on my calendar. :-D

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
Gary Smith and I went last year and I really enjoyed the show...and I am a trailer fan! The restored Brockways are AWESOME! Plus we walked the main street in Cortland and absorbed the history. We had lunch at this little diner and the food was great!

An added bonus was that we stayed in Syracuse and that meant the ubiquitous Thruway excursion!

If anyone can make the show, they won't be disapponited.

The DAFman

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 02:50:46 AM »
hello Rich and the others,

Many thanks for your reply's and info!!!!!
Rich, many thanks for your tips!!!!! All 3 are now to be "planned" in!!!!! (I think the Mack-company can answer the "visiting" question!!!!!)
BTW, did "google" your livingplace as seen in your profile!!!!!
You are living in the middle of "MACK Country"!!!!!
Hope to hear back from you and would love to "meet" you personally in Pennsylvania!!!!!
Greetings from Germany,

Leo
Deceased.

Rich Reinhart

• Regular Membership
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
Yup Leo, I`m from Bulldog Country. My Father and Uncle drove  Macks, I drove a Mack, and was a Mack mechanic, and my Father in Law worked at the Mack plant in Allentown until it closed and moved south.

Let us know when you get close to making the trip, I`m sure I can swing the legendary Charlie Danko to make the trip this way to meet you as well, and a few others I`m sure..

Member ATCA and ATHS

MAGMAN

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 05:23:17 AM »
I have to say that I was just a little surprised to see you guys commenting that a few hundred miles to a truck show was a bit of a deterrent. Geesh, if you leave at 4-am you can be at your destination by 9 and still have had a breakfast a Denny's! Just as an aside a friend and I have just driven down from England to two truck shows, one in Italy and one in Switzerland and covered 3,000-miles there and back with two ferry crossing included! I would LOVE to make the Cortland Show one day but as Leo says it's a big budget item getting across the pond. And that's before car rental and accommodation. Still, maybe one day. For those of you who can make it, ENJOY!

The DAFman

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 05:43:05 AM »
Hello Rich,

That would be absolute FANTASTIC!!!!!
Also MACK was (and still) is on my top 5 list of "most favorite" truck brands!!!!! No. 1 was and will be DAF, No. 2 is FTF, no.3 is Ginaf/Terberg, no. 4 is Brockway and no. 5 is Mack!!!!! Autocar, Hayes, Pacific, Oskosh and Marmon are in the "top-10"!!!!!

I worked a couple of years for a roadconstruction company in Holland that had some real "exotics" in their fleet!!!!! Many Magirus-Deutz trucks (with air-cooled engines!!!!!),some DAF'S, a Pegaso 3188 (8x4 dumptruck) and a MACK DM-600 8x6 tri-axled dumptruck!!!!!
I have only "analog" pictures of those trucks (working hard on making them "digital") but found a link to a "equal" truck in Holland!!!!!
See http://mackmuppet.skyrock.com/1453943229-Mack-DM-685S-Jager-Midwolde-The-Netherlands.html
That truck was driving by a guy called the "Canadian" (he drove about 12 years in Canada, untill "health problems" forced him to go back to Holland!!!!) and if he was "ill" I had to drive that truck!!!!! MAN!!!!! I was as "young man" (so about 25 years "old") more "proud" in that truck as our Queen in her "Golden Carriage"!!!!!
In 2003 that company "closed" their gates for ever and I never found out were all their trucks (still working in 2002!!!!!) went to!!!!!

Since that time I really appreciate the term "build as strong as a Mack truck"!!!!!

WOW, never thought that a "simple" Brockway-show question lead to this FANTASTIC topic!!!!!
Many thanks and I hope we can "join" much more!!!!!
Take care, safe trips anytimes, many good "catches" and "owned by Volvo or not" MACK will never die!!!!!
Greetings from Germany,

Leo
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:45:30 AM by The DAFman »
Deceased.

Rich Reinhart

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »
I have to say that I was just a little surprised to see you guys commenting that a few hundred miles to a truck show was a bit of a deterrent. Geesh, if you leave at 4-am you can be at your destination by 9 and still have had a breakfast a Denny's! Just as an aside a friend and I have just driven down from England to two truck shows, one in Italy and one in Switzerland and covered 3,000-miles there and back with two ferry crossing included! I would LOVE to make the Cortland Show one day but as Leo says it's a big budget item getting across the pond. And that's before car rental and accommodation. Still, maybe one day. For those of you who can make it, ENJOY!

True, When I was stationed in Germany you could go from one side of the country to the other in just a few hours. I drive 600 to 700 miles a week, so the last thing I really want to do on a Saturday is add 392 miles more... I guess I`m getting old.... :wink:

Member ATCA and ATHS

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »

BUMP

So who's going?  :? And take lots of pics.  :-)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »

BUMP

So who's going?  :? And take lots of pics.  :-)

Aren't you?
 :?

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »
Aren't you?
 :?

I'm gonna pass this year Rob. The almost 600 mile round trip was one factor plus i've been to 2 Brockway shows in the last 5-6 years. Maybe next year i'll do an overnight & head for the NY Thruway for piker pics too.  :-D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »