Author Topic: Smart Bread?  (Read 515 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
Smart Bread?
« on: July 12, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
Is this a new brand of bread?

Dedicated Logistics is the carrier.

banana262

Re: Smart Bread?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 03:42:43 PM »
i see this trucks roll down the 401 all the time.  they come from quebec i believe.  i believe its for the dempsters brand of bread here in ontario.

Below 30

• Video games for life.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »
This gets to me too. What makes this bread worth the travel from K'bec?
When skills ruled.

-30-

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:16:24 AM »
Pom is one of the numerous trademarks of Multi-Marques a  major Quebec bakery owned by Canada Bread (Dempsters in Ontario).The trend for huge bakeries now is for specialization of each of their units to produce more of a same product for distribution in a greater area.Weston bakery do the same thing moving products between its bakery located in Kingston and its Quebec bakery located in Montarville south of Montreal.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:13:57 AM »
Pom is one of the numerous trademarks of Multi-Marques a  major Quebec bakery owned by Canada Bread (Dempsters in Ontario).

So, the brand name of the bread is POM.
Thanks Rene; I'll watch for POM bread here in Ontario. Maybe it will show up at Metro stores.

R. Buron

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:15:44 AM »
POM is a general brand in itself like Wonder for Weston  which offers for sale different baking products including the Smart bread which is a new white bread but with the nutrition features of a brown bread.Perhaps the same bread will be sold in Ontario but under the Dempsters trademark.Also the trailer is perhaps full of other kind of baking products without any connection with the product it advertises.

But your assumption Rob is interesting.When Loblaws took over Provigo,it has introduced rapidly in Quebec the Wonder baking products and Neilson milk products on the shells.Perhaps it will be a similar strategy from Metro even if Metro has no shareholding in Multi-Marques.