If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Road pics from my June trip to Eastern Quebec  (Read 2038 times)

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Road pics from my June trip to Eastern Quebec
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »
It is  not a trip that long, a little less than 600 km. Leaving my place in Sherbrooke Qc, I take Highway 55 North to Drummondville ( 90km). Than I drive on  TCH  East (Highway 20 ) from km 173  up to Mont-Joli at km 640 ( 467 km ). Between Cacouna (east of Riviere-du-Loup to Le Bic west  of Rimouski ) on about 80 km TCH is not built yet and you have to use old Highway 132.

Taking road pics is not that easy considering that your car is going at 110 km/h and  the truck you want to get is coming  at about the same speed in the other direction. And you have to go with all those obstacles that are cluttering  the space along the road. And all those bugs glued in the windshield   or this exercice to synchronize  with the wipers movement when it is raining. So after all I took about 400 pics and kept 220 after editing.  Some of them will find their way to this thread.  Pics were taken on June 25 th . I may add a few more in the days to come.

You can not stage pics on the road. You take it were you can and with all those construction work in the summer  you never know what is waiting for you. Here is unit 204 of Schneiders for from Kitchener ON taken in a construction zone.

I had taken this LoneStar not long ago  among traffic. This time  he was alone. The truck belong to Rioux Livestock out of St-Jean-de-Dieu near Riviere-du-Loup. It is an all Freighliner fleet except for this Binder. I am surprised to see the  number of Lonestar that are sold in Quebec  even in those hard times. They seem to be used as flagships in some small fleets.

Another surprise is this Volvo in Guilbault livery. We had come to see Guilbault only with basic International 9200. But they are a very old company and up to the middle of the nineties they were a big Mack user.

I have been told that this well preserved International 9300 is leased to Eric James Transport out of Leamington ON.

We do not see often trucks from the Jules Savard Heavy Hauling division. They are mostly active in Northern Quebec and on the Quebec North Shore.

This colored auto transporter belong to JMN Logistics out of Maryland Heights MO.

Hank's Truck Forum

Road pics from my June trip to Eastern Quebec
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »

jrtrucker

Re: Road pics from my June trip to Eastern Quebec
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »
nice pics. That Jules Savard Heavy Hauler is interesting pic.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:18 AM »
Are the Quebec trucks limited to 105 km/h Gerard?
Did both provinces bring the law into force at the same time as they announced?

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:50:36 AM »
It is mandatory  since July 1,  all trucks   should be equipped with speed control devices limited at a max of 105 km/h. Maybe trucker will learn to  live with that but in my return trip the other day I saw some awful episodes where truck going at 105 was trying to overtake another going at 104  and they were side by side for quite a few kilometers blocking all the traffic behind.

D. Steven

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 06:39:06 AM »
Excellent set of pics. I tried taking pics out the window of a moving car once, but they didnt turn out so good  :x

L.Dugas

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
Nice set of pictures as always. Good shot of the International leased to Eric James Transport.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »
Excellent catch on the LoneStar cattle pot! Interesting, also, to hear that these LoneStars are quite popular in Quebec.  8-)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
Here is a few more pics.  Those pics were taken between Levis and Riviere-du-Loup. All truck were west bound.

This KW W-900 is leased to Glen Tay out of Perth ON.

RIP-O-BEC is a wood shaving producer out of St-Appolinaire Qc. They had quite a nice private fleet but they sold  the long haul division to Hyndman a few years backs. They still have  a few trucks on local runs like this flat top Pete pulling a wood chips trailer.

JNY Transport is a new fleet out of Grand Fall NB. They have  very impressive Classic  and Western Star but it is the first time I see a Cascadia for them. On the other hand, I don't know what is happening in Atlantic Canada but I have seen lately lot of new Cascadia, some fleets seem to be adding them by the dozen.

It is the second Gary Mercer truck I see in les than one year. I should be under a good star. Gary Mercer trucking are out of Mississauga ON.

It is always a great pleasure to discover a new fleet. First time ever  I see a truck from USA Logistics Carriers out of McAllen Tx.  I took it near Riviere-du-Loup. Should be coming out of Atlantic Canada.

It was also a great surprise to see this unknow Cascadia with his load of military Hummer. I don't think that the Canadian Force ever used this type of vehicle.

Joseph29

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »
My favorites would be the JNY Transport Cascadia and the Schneiders FL.

L.Dugas

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »
Nice set. I like the Rip-O-Bec. Those Cascadias don't look half bad with a sunvisor .

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »
I agree. Those visors make the Cascadia look almost like a different truck - and a much better looking one at that.  8-) Haven't seen too many visor'ed Cascadias on my trip yet, but I have noticed that Old Dominion's Cascadias all (well, at least all the ones I have seen) have visors.  8-)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Blue Mule74

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 12:58:04 AM »
Nice Series, Gerard...
Lance C.

Founder of Lance's Truck Picture's

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 12:58:04 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs