If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Rimouski  (Read 2858 times)

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
Rimouski
« on: December 25, 2003, 10:33:36 PM »
Who remembers Rimouski Transport. They were a favourite Quebec company I liked from the eighties but nobody took many pics of this fleet. Does anyone have any decent pics of this fleet. There divisons were Speribel, Speedway, Bellachase and Rimouski. CN bought them but I think they just disappeared into Route Canada.

Hank's Truck Forum

Rimouski
« on: December 25, 2003, 10:33:36 PM »

Douglas Macfie

• Regular Membership
  • Those were the times
    • http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~macfie/speedway.htm
Rimouski Transport
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 03:12:51 PM »
Begun in 1939 Rimouski Tspt was sold for  $2,000.000.00 to Bussieres in 1971, with stipulation that the head office, gargage and majorty of employee in the Gasp? area remained intact.

Bussieres so the story goes,  outbid a US interest for the purchase of the company. My guess is that Cole's Express of Maine was the US bidder as Rimouski would have fit very nicely into its operation
providing it with a complete eastern seabord run
Montreal - Gasp?,  Northern  N B , which would have complimented their Montreal , Portland Maine, southern N.B. and N.S. routes

(but I could be wrong)

While  the color design of the units was altered almost immediately with the purchase of new equipemnt  Bussieres kept the Rimouski Logo of a flying wheel with the inscription  -  Encercle la Gaspesie   and Votre Service Prefere -

until some time 1976/77 when  they began to change all the logos to the Bellechasse indian head .

Hank's Truck Forum

Rimouski Transport
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 03:12:51 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs