If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Flying Under the Radar  (Read 8574 times)

wbache

Re: Flying Under the Radar
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »
Click the link below and scroll halfway down the page. That's what the logo has been for many years. Maybe they are changing to red.

BTW, when navigating Liberty's web site the Peterbilt's engine will start up when you mouse over it or change pages, unless I killed the battery. :wink:

http://www.libertytran.com/index.html

thats the link I looked at before I posted my pic and while the tractor is red the trailer graphics are maroon. I couldn't start the engine but the headlites started blinking.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »

David K

• under payed over worked public servant
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
One of the trucks I drove at Schwerman was an old 9300 and I always like the truck when I could get it.  For a pretty basic truck it had a nice ride. 
everone goes home alive!

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Pair of conventionals in the Pittsburgh suburb of Carnegie today.  On the left an O/O for Universal AM-Can, on the right Samuel Steel, whom I believe have a facility on the other side of town.

Ray F

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
Very Nice Shot Paul  8)

Hunter

• There's more Worth in a Kenworth.
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 04:51:58 AM »
Love that you caught two different styles! The traditional and areo mirrors 8) Very sharp trucks also ;)
Diesel Trucks: If they are too loud, your too old.

The DAFman

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
Hello Paul,

Many thanks for this very nice IH!!!!! (and also thanks to/for the others!!!!!)

Yep, IMHO it is a "classic large car" and as "model in 1/25-scale" still "absolutly missing"!!!!!
(I don' know if a "resin kit" is "available", but to "avoid" very high "cost's" I will try to "scratchbuild one from "wood/plastic", using the "old Transtar 4300" as "donor-kit"!!!!!)

For the "ties", at company's of "Eddy Stobart, UK", "Shell and Esso, Holland" and "UPS-Europe" they are an "absolutly must", together with "uniform"!!!!!
I know also many more companys with a "must have uniform" (TNT, DHL, Aral-Germany) but no "ties"!!!!! (You "can", but it isn't a "must"!!!!)

Greetings from Germany,

The DAFman, Leo

Deceased.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • www.hankstruckpictures.com
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 04:36:54 AM »
That Samuel unit could go in LocalCoilHauler's thread about Kim-Tam. That might be an Ontario based truck, Samuel has a "tandem board" for the States.
That is just a good picture all around.

Rob.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:20 PM »
Sweetness...

PA I-80 MM1 10/23/15

Leonard

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »
Thats a beautiful combo Paul!

I stack them like cordwood
its a binder thing you just wouldnt get it...

WillB

• Regular Membership
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
Paystar's old 2002 9900i.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »
I love the 9900i's (and the 9300 before them.) For me my two favorites of all time are ......old mechanical motor Mack's and Cat powered Internationals.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Leonard

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »
I like your truck a lot! 8)

4 out of 5 of mine are cats so id have to agree with you as well.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 06:03:28 AM »
Thank you Leonard. You have quite a fleet also.
That old truck of mine pictured is still going. Last time I saw it, it had 1.5 million kilometers and has never been touched. Cat changed the turbo and water pump one time to keep the extended warranty and that is it. I think it has had the rad changed too. And it has pulled 140,000 pounds it's whole life, 7 days a week.

Sadly the days of dependable trucks like that are gone.
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Leonard

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 08:03:19 AM »
Yup once the emissions stuff came out we decided it was time to update the fleet from 9300's to 9900's.   Parts availability for the old ones was getting scarce that the truck would be down longer .  Certainly did not want to end up not being able to find pre emissions trucks for sale for reasonable amount. All my 9900s are 2001-2003.  Two 6nz cats that have not even 200k so I'll have them a long time.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »
I'd like to have another International, but we have one Cummins powered 122SD right now and that Cummins has done nothing to inspire confidence in us so far, so I doubt there will be another Cummins powered truck in the yard.

The freezing def fluid derates all winter with my Detroit is easier to swallow than constant injectors, fuel pumps and sensors with the Cummins.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »