Author Topic: Eazor Express Mack B-67  (Read 2335 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Eazor Express Mack B-67
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:07:17 AM »
I found this gem of common carrier history last Sunday at Watts Mack in New Alexandria, Pa.  Eazor, based in Pittsburgh, ran these and MB Macks for P & D rigs well into the '70's, but I never got any pictures of them.

In a somewhat odd coincidence, I saw two Eazor P&D trailers later that day in a field off of I-70, the outer one with the Eazor placard intact, which is extremely rare.  I didn't go back for them, should have.  Jim (Boll Weevil), your mission, should you choose to accept it....maybe you can run over some day, they were about a mile east of the Kamerer exit, 32?, (don't know if I spelled that right) along a local road that paralleled the interstate.

The Watts parts graveyard

A more contemporary lineup

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:14:15 AM by Paul Kane »

z1000rcr

Re: Eazor Express Mack B-67
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
That graveyard looks like a mack lovers dream

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »
That graveyard looks like a mack lovers dream

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it.  All those trucks used to be crammed in behind the shop, but sometime in the last year they moved them across the road.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/forum01/index.php?topic=22390.0

ThaddeusW

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 03:47:36 PM »
Watts Mack pretty much runs bigmacktrucks.com. It was founded by Barry the guy in charge of the parts dept. They have some pretty neat stuff in that bone yard.
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
|==ASCII Trucking =====|'|""";,____,
|__,,,_,,,__________====_____|....,]
***(@)'(@)*******#|(@)(@)*****(@)

Rich Reinhart

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:22:32 PM »
Watts Mack pretty much runs bigmacktrucks.com. It was founded by Barry the guy in charge of the parts dept. They have some pretty neat stuff in that bone yard.

Yup, its a great site. I have a few Watts T Shirts that I wear to various truck shows and such.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:00:52 AM by Rich Reinhart »
Hell yeah son, I`ve driven a Superliner .....

Member ATCA and ATHS

charlie

• Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
That old Mack evokes a lot of memories Paul.  :-o Eazor was a daily sight in my hometown when i was a kid.  :-)

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
In a somewhat odd coincidence, I saw two Eazor P&D trailers later that day in a field off of I-70, the outer one with the Eazor placard intact, which is extremely rare.  I didn't go back for them, should have.  Jim (Boll Weevil), your mission, should you choose to accept it....maybe you can run over some day, they were about a mile east of the Kamerer exit, 32?, (don't know if I spelled that right) along a local road that paralleled the interstate.

Sometime this week I'll try to jump off at Kammerererer and run the 2 lane to Bentleyville. I can't see them from the eastbound side and it's dark when I'm heading west. :|
Jim

Boll Weevil

• Regular Membership
  • "Ford W9000's rule!"-Boll Weevil, age 11
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »
They must have been moved. I ran that stretch as well as the one from Dunningsville to Kammerer and couldn't find them. I even took time to slow down and try to look into some of the fields, but no luck. :roll:
Jim