If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: The Swift Questions Thread  (Read 2198 times)

Jimmy B

The Swift Questions Thread
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »
I thought I'd start a thread on general questions about swift, maybe the folks in the know can answer the asked questions.

First Question:

I was out for a couple of hours today taking truck pictures. It was at a location were only westbound trucks could be photographed, so I didn't get a photo. Anyway, heading east was a Swift flat bed, Is it a seperate operating unit from the dry-van operation?

Jimmy B
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:13:35 PM by Jimmy B »

Hank's Truck Forum

The Swift Questions Thread
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Re: The Swift Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:55 AM »
Not an insiders view Jimmy but i dug up some info about the flatbed division for you. Hope this helps a bit. :|

http://www.swifttrans.com/c-clamp.aspx?id=254

swift#1

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:12:02 AM »
I would like to know if Swift is still adding new trailers to the fleet. swift#1 said last month, that he saw a 085002. Has anyone seen anything higher than that?
I asked my Driver Manager for you Mike..He says we Wont get more till some of the older trls get traded in.....
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

Chris_E

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »
Was it a Swift flatbed tractor trailer or a truck and trailer unit?  When I was out west in 2006 I saw many truck and trailer combos and doubles units heading west.  I occasionally see drop decks and covered wagons up here, but never anything like what I saw in Arizona.
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

Jimmy B

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:05 AM »
Not an insiders view Jimmy but i dug up some info about the flatbed division for you. Hope this helps a bit. :|

http://www.swifttrans.com/c-clamp.aspx?id=254

Thanks a lot Charlie, that answered a bunch of questions.

Jimmy B

Jimmy B

The Swift Questions Thread: Drayage Agent
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:23:01 AM »
The other day I saw what looked like a drayage truck-tractor hauling a Swift container, probably out of Stockton, CA. Does Swift use drayage agents to pick-up and deliver their containers?

Jimmy B

Chris_E

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »
The other day I saw what looked like a drayage truck-tractor hauling a Swift container, probably out of Stockton, CA. Does Swift use drayage agents to pick-up and deliver their containers?

Jimmy B

There's a red White/GMC twin screw daycab that I occassionally see pulling Swift containers around here.  I'm not sure if they're a drayage agent or a mail contractor though... :|
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

swift#1

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »
There's a red White/GMC twin screw daycab that I occassionally see pulling Swift containers around here.  I'm not sure if they're a drayage agent or a mail contractor though... :|

Yes,swift has some companies know to pull containers pull ours...on the east coast swift pulls some of their own..and most of the time its a company called Eagle...but I have no idea what happens in the rest of the country. :?
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

rex012

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »
Yes,swift has some companies know to pull containers pull ours...on the east coast swift pulls some of their own..and most of the time its a company called Eagle...but I have no idea what happens in the rest of the country. :?

only a handful haul conatainers in california......

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs