If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Paint Scheme Ideas For My Royale  (Read 20166 times)

Dwayne

Re: Paint Scheme Ideas For My Royale
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »
Here's two I've done so far... one that looks like my pick-up and one that I just came up with (though it's not really creative).

I'd do this paint job to match your pickup its way cool.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

krooser

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 07:39:56 PM »
I'll give my honest opinion on this...

Keep the paint scheme simple, preferably one colour only.  Black is good, but it is the most "touchy" colour, so a lighter shade of preference may work.  No stripes, no funky combinations, etc. 

For some reason some truckers, and trucking companies also, are stuck in the 70's and 80's, and still plaster awful looking stripes and any other cheesy looking decal or paint schemes that they can think of.

The eighties just called.  They want their paint configuration and stripe scheme back.  So give it up!

When one thinks classy, one must think back in time.  Beyond the 70's or 80's.  Keep it simple and clean.  Some hand drawn pinstriping does look good though if not used in excess, and applied by a pro...

2010 just called... what's old is now new again... retro is king.

That "plain jane" single color stuff is so 1999...

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
I'm still open to ideas, but I think I may be set on painting it like my pick-up to have a pair... my friends and family seem to like the idea too.

This is how the truck may look... that paint scheme and I'll type a list of things I want to add. Smooth stainless quarter fenders, dark brown and tan interior with diamond plate floors, simple rear-end with no extra lights or chrome, just quick-connect mudflap hangers with flat black mudflaps with stainless bull skull cut-outs and stainless tips, plain black mudflaps behind the steer tires, two small fender mudflaps hung from the front bumper in front of the steer tires (also plain black), a spot mirror under each mirror pointed at the drives, a spot mirror above each mirror pointed at the tips of the stacks, a spot mirror hidden under the visor at the right-front cab corner looking down the front, lights under the sleeper (three on each side) mounted on strips of aluminum just like under the SuperCab of my pick-up, flappers on the exhaust, a rubber duck hood ornament mounted on a custom mount that I think my friend can help me build, horn covers, a simple AM/FM/CD stereo with not a lot of speakers (I never cared too much about sound quality for some reason) probably mounted on the cieling, and a CB with dual antennas on the mirrors also mounted on the cieling. What do you think? Classy like the pick-up? Overboard? Retro enough? Too cheap? I know it's my truck and my decision, I'm just curious. :?
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

ParkinLot

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 05:48:17 AM »
I think that I like the ideas you have.  :-D What's in place or planned for your "catwalk" (area between back of cab and 5th wheel)? Personally, I like lotsa lights and shiney stuff...any plans for a visor or front bumper? Those things tend to be expensive and I also understand working within a budget.  :wink:  I like your pickup and the Diamond is a cool truck so I think that whatever you do will be cool.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »
Nope, the visor and bumper that are there stay. I like chrome and lights too..... on sombody else's ride. I'm too lazy to polish chrome and maintain lights... painted parts and flat aluminum wash clean. :-D

I was gonna leave the space behind the cab alone... I don't need anything real flashy to get attention driving one of these rare classics anyway. Just saves money and effort ya know. :wink:

ParkinLot

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 06:28:18 AM »
10-4 on savin' the money and effort.  :-D

Forgotten66

• supershowrigs.com
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
FLAT ALUMINUM WASH...     :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »

Give some respect Josh......not everyone can afford chrome first off, second off not everyone works at a custom truck shop, 3rd off not everyone likes ALOT of chrome  :roll: Specailly on older trucks, all Im saying is give some respect  :-)

Sean

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »

Uh-oh... I take it I'm in for work I didn't count on. :?

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 09:50:12 PM »
I'm still open to ideas, but I think I may be set on painting it like my pick-up to have a pair...

That sounds like an excellent idea to me! A paintjob like the pickup, and a little bit of pinstriping, and it's going to look perfect.  8-)

Jan.

"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Forgotten66

• supershowrigs.com
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »
Give some respect Josh......not everyone can afford chrome first off, second off not everyone works at a custom truck shop, 3rd off not everyone likes ALOT of chrome  :roll: Specailly on older trucks, all Im saying is give some respect  :-)

Sean

all im saying is  if you have aluminum on a truck.. KEEP UP ON IT....  its ment to be polished and shine..    personally i feel if someone owns a ride and doesnt keep up on the aluminum to keep it semi polished and upkept it shows to ME personally a lack of caring about the ride period...   

ParkinLot

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »
Agreed F66! Breaks my heart to see a large car that's been all decked out and the lazy driver does nuthin' but acid wash it white.  :roll: Guys like us should be able to confiscate the gear.  :-D

Leonard

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
i agree josh! its pretty amazeing. i got the trucks looking semi decent. 1 driver said he didnt care how it looked. the other is..well.... and then the 3rd one keeps it clean and washes it now that i invested a few weeks in it for him.
you should all know who gets thier truck washed when ever possiable now.... :-D
its a binder thing you just wouldnt get it...

jpgraphiks

• That's Headly Lamar.....
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
Hi, Ryan....

how about something like this......I know you like the color scheme of your pickup truck.....I used that for the basis of this design... then, I gave it some striping detail and moved things around so the areas of color had visual balance....working in the Ford beltline molding was just plain fun.

JP
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:57:22 AM by jpgraphiks »

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »
I like the trim moulding a lot, I've been considering doing a thick black stripe in the middle where the blue and white meet. I can't decide what to paint the wheels... all white, all black, white steers and black drives, or all painted aluminum color. Thanks for puting that together, you do a great job on Paint!

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs