If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Paint Scheme Ideas For My Royale  (Read 19968 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Paint Scheme Ideas For My Royale
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
I'm looking for paint ideas and having a little trouble. I've seen a lot of factory paint schemes for these and don't really care for most of them. If you guys want to tackle a Photoshop job, I'll provide the template. :-D
If you have a paint scheme idea for me, you can put it together on this. I THINK if you save it as a .bmp, you should be able to use the "paint bucket" to fill in colors quickly on MS Paint... otherwise it'll be pixelated.

Here's two I've done so far... one that looks like my pick-up and one that I just came up with (though it's not really creative).

Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

Paint Scheme Ideas For My Royale
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Reliable Randy

Re: Paint Scheme Ideas For My Royale
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »
Thought I'd try something that had to do with Diamonds.

Wee Willy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »
Ryan, me thinks you need to add some striping and detailing, to break up the colors and give a little more impact.
Maybe paint the air cleaner one color, the straps the other, stuff like that.

I don't have the software, but heres an idea.
In this picture, look at the bunk, and the way the yellow and green meet, check the angle.
Might look cool on the Royale with the rear of the grab handle being at an angle like it is.

The first rule of the road is:
"If anything can happen, at any time, it will!"

ParkinLot

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:01:13 AM »
Very cool concept Randy. Gotta give ya props fer that one!  8-)

Rickylh3

• Ricky Huffman Farms
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
This is a paint scheme that I would like to put on a Transtar but I think would look good on almost any cabover.

ParkinLot

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
I like that playing card concept...even if it were kept really subtle like on the sleeper vents it would be cool. All of the ideas are cool, but if I hadta choose I think that the yellow and black KW (it looks yellow $ black) scheme...done in the blues and white of the Ford pickup of course.  :-D I like shiney stuff, so the stacks (breather & exhaust) and wheel centres (at least) and mirrors would hafta be. Plus one of those 22" custom bumpers and a big flopped visor. The tanks could go either way, paint or stainless, but if they're painted I like stainless straps. Drive fenders could go either way also, paint or shiney, but for this truck I'm thinkin' that 4 individual full fenders would be cool. Throw some chicken lights at it and visors on the headlights and it's good to go. Yeah, I know that the latest trend is minimal stainless and lights...I'm just sayin' what I like.  :-D I need to get one of my own! Heh,heh.   8-)

ThaddeusW

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 01:31:42 PM »
Ryan,

If you want inspiration look at Australian trucks. Nuff said. They come up with some of the most beautiful paint schemes and pin stripe jobs I have ever seen.

Also painting up the frame/suspension/axles/hubs is a great idea. On the BMT forum a Dutchman is restoring an old metal dash Mack R model and he painted the frame/axles/suspension a bright green engine is bright red and the cab is painted black. Amazing paint job and it looks awesome with the two colors contrasting like that.

So you might want to look at colors that really make people stop and look. Bright colors like red green blue and yellow work great with black and other dark colors. Paint the frame a color other than black, black frames are boring. I saw a DAF with a bright green frame and metallic blue cab, incredible colors. The fuel tanks were given a mirror green finish so it looked like he had green polished aluminum fuel tanks. Bright on dark is a good start.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
|==ASCII Trucking =====|'|""";,____,
|__,,,_,,,__________====_____|....,]
***(@)'(@)*******#|(@)(@)*****(@)

Fuller

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »
I'll give my honest opinion on this...

Keep the paint scheme simple, preferably one colour only.  Black is good, but it is the most "touchy" colour, so a lighter shade of preference may work.  No stripes, no funky combinations, etc. 

For some reason some truckers, and trucking companies also, are stuck in the 70's and 80's, and still plaster awful looking stripes and any other cheesy looking decal or paint schemes that they can think of.

The eighties just called.  They want their paint configuration and stripe scheme back.  So give it up!

When one thinks classy, one must think back in time.  Beyond the 70's or 80's.  Keep it simple and clean.  Some hand drawn pinstriping does look good though if not used in excess, and applied by a pro...

ParkinLot

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 04:53:38 AM »
I'm not and never have been a fan of stripes on anything. I like solids, sometimes with some tasteful, subtle graphics or pinstriping as mentioned above. The blue and white scheme that matches the Ford seems to be period correct to me and not gawdy at all. It also makes for a nice package set up. Get yerself a simple 3 or 4 banger quick load car carrier and you could show it as a package.  :-D There's my parkin lot roots showin'. Heh,heh.

Hayrunner

• www.westcoasthay.com
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 06:00:43 AM »
here you go ryan. a few of my all time favorites. some Iam real partial to as you can understand  :wink: but your free to use any as ideas for your baby.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:41:14 AM by Hayrunner »
"CHANGE 08" What the hell is the world comin' to. Sheriff Bufford T. Justice

Sean

• Future trucker in America
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »
Not the best, but you should get the idea  :wink: Also gave this truck a own photo album also, lol  :wink:

Sean

-My baby, 1997 F250HD XLT, RCLB, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:55 PM »
These are all in black and white as that was how CANADIAN ROAD KNIGHT magazine was published;
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/tony_gussie/2004/apr22/74_5_diamondt.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/tony_gussie/2004/apr22/74_7_diamond_reo_ad.jpg

Now this one was owned by a guy who hauled steel with it.

maybe the next time Wig Wag looks in he might remember the colours.

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:55 PM »
I already put this in one of your other threads Ryan but i guess this is actually where it fits best.  :| Caught it at a PA truck show in September 2002 - period paint scheme and all. Just think in 40 years you may have a white beard & beer belly and be imparting all your knowledge of your Marmon just like this old timer leaning on his bumper.  :evil: :-D :lol:

Forgotten66

• supershowrigs.com
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »

doug mckenzie

• Regular Membership
  • Doug McKenzie
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »
These are all in black and white as that was how CANADIAN ROAD KNIGHT magazine was published;
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/tony_gussie/2004/apr22/74_5_diamondt.jpg

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/tony_gussie/2004/apr22/74_7_diamond_reo_ad.jpg

Now this one was owned by a guy who hauled steel with it.

maybe the next time Wig Wag looks in he might remember the colours.

This Royale was white with black bordered by red, Rob.

Personally, since they were such as awesome sight back in the 70's, I would try to replicate the Steelcase Royales: black chassis, white wheels and the dark blue cab with a little pin-striping and chrome.
Right-wing Old School.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs