If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: SWIFT  (Read 7910 times)

rex012

SWIFT
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:39 AM »
well i caught this columbia on firestone.......blvd...........its looks fairly new............i see this columbia a couple times a month.........

this swift trailer i shot....was at cardinal......in rancho cucamonga.......sorry guys i didnt get the trailer number........

Hank's Truck Forum

SWIFT
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:39 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

rex012

Re: SWIFT
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
mike.........the jb hunt terminal is very close by.........about 10 min.....because of traffic.......but with out traffic about 5 min........i like the old ones rather than the new ones.........you can see the j.b hunt terminal on the 710 going to pasadena on the right hand side....its pretty big.......

rex012

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »
that i know.....i only see these trailers..and a containers from swift...they are headind to the hons warehouse down the street.........here i also these schneider equipment......but swift is much more common............than sni.......ill try to get some swift containers pics and maybe ill spot one new logo trailer..........

rex012

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »
im not sure about wilmington.but theres a terminal in mira loma on the right hand side going to los angeles on the 60......yup the terminal is pretty big.....

Mike C

• Resident J.B. Hunt Intermodal Driver, Portland, OR
    • My Flickr Photo Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »
Mike B,  The new Swift trailers are pretty much all I see up here now days.

rex012

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 05:13:40 PM »
Mike B,  The new Swift trailers are pretty much all I see up here now days.

not in cali.........its a here and there sight........i count 10s of the old livery per 1 new one........

rex012

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »
Hey rex it's the same sad story here in Chicago too. I hardly see any of the new ones too. Maybe I'm greedy and all I want to see is the new ones because I'm in love with them just like the containers. There are at least 4,400 new trailers so hopefully they will "fan out" and travel the country. I was in St. Louis this past weekend and saw basically zero down there too. I did see though a good chunk of the containers at the Norfolk Southern and BNSF.

Since there few of those when compared to the old livery ones.......i got to always carry a camera........

dino9854

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »

this swift trailer i shot....was at cardinal......in rancho cucamonga.......sorry guys i didnt get the trailer number........

[/quote]

Hey you were at one of my customers!  Might of ran into you, but im USUALLY home by dark.   :-D :-) :mrgreen:

rex012

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »

Hey you were at one of my customers!  Might of ran into you, but im USUALLY home by dark.   :-D :-) :mrgreen:
i start at dusk.....it always full of hunt containers up there......and to take out a empty....it a hassle sometimes........

dino9854

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
i start at dusk.....it always full of hunt containers up there......and to take out a empty....it a hassle sometimes........

TO TAKE ANYTHNG (LOADED OR EMPTY) OUTTA THERE IS HASSLE, I AGREE!

rex012

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 05:06:17 PM »
very true because you guys haul 53s in there.....

dino9854

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »
very true because you guys haul 53s in there.....

AAh, you must bring in the overseas containers that are there.    :mrgreen:

swift#1

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
swift#1 I guess that makes sense about Swift getting rid of the M S Carriers trailers before the older Swift ones. Actually though I like the M S ones. I just only want to see the new trailers and nothing else from Swift except for the containers. I'm just being greedy because I like the new ones so much.  :|
I know what u mean,its not easy getting rid of that many old trls in one year...we were only supposed to get 2300 new trls but they bought more 8-)
Proud Driver for Swift Transportation, 18 Years Safe Driving.

swift#1

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »
Hi swift,  yeah that 085002 number that you gave me means that there are at least 4,400 trailers with the new logo.  Also I was just wondering (for fun) when a trailer is picked up at Wabash National where does it go? The reason I'm asking is because I remember last December there were a pretty good amount of new trailers at the terminal in Manteno. There were at least 50 new trailers crammed in there. They practically took up the whole lot. Also too is Swift going to keep adding new trailers this year or are they pretty much done for now? Thank you.
They usually have drivers bobtail in from the closest terminal to wabash and take them to a customer that the driver has to go to...no specific place..when i went to pick up one i took it all the way back to ny..I'll have to ask the eastcoast manager if were getting more..I'll let You know :wink:

swift#1

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »
Yeah It was nice having a spankin new trl hooked to a spankin new truck for once :-D...i was turnin alotta heads :-D Sorry have no info about the cans..I caught something that You will like but i dont have a pic..i will post in New equip. Sightings :wink:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs