If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Movin On/Bj and the Bear  (Read 6595 times)

sagehornp

Movin On/Bj and the Bear
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:40 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to the site. I found the forum after finding my truck mentioned in one of the threads. I own the Movin On truck and one of the original Bj and the Bear trucks and trailer. For those wondering what I paid it was $25,000. At the time it was a working truck so I thought that was worth it. Shortly after I got it the engine took a dump. Turns out somebody did a poor job on the rebuild of it which led me to replacing it and increasing the horsepower. I have started a website for the trucks at www.tvtruckin.com . Feel free to e-mail directly with any questions or post them here.
I saw one person mention the other Movin On truck stored somewhere in a building. Any info on this would be of interest to me.

Paul Sagehorn
Sparta, Wi

Hank's Truck Forum

Movin On/Bj and the Bear
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:40 AM »

tranquileman

• Hidden Mountain Sanctuary
Re: Movin On/Bj and the Bear
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »
......Welcome to Hanks!

That is too cool that you have one of those Movin On K-woppers! I loved that show when I was a puppy!

It may be directly linked to my current medical condition.......truckitis  :roll:

I never was much of a BJ and the Bear fan.

Now that I think about it, I wonder which would be a better side kick at a DOT inspection.

A lawyer who can talk you out of a ticket or a monkey who can entertain and distract them!
......If your going to be different, try not to be thin skinned.....

I hope they never find a cure for Eleutheromania

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:33:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Paul! Sounds like you'd be the envy of quite a few folks on here, hehe.  :wink:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:19:15 AM »
A hearty welcome to Hanks.  :-) Being a fan of both shows back in the day i always manage a smile when i think of all the episodes i watched with my son. Got to see the BJ & the Bear truck at the Denver Stock Show & Rodeo in the late '70's and also met Greg Evigan & the chimp too.  8-) Maybe the best surprise as far as truck fanning was when i spotted your COE at a jersey Pike rest area back in July 2007.  :-o Made my day & nothing that happened at work could wipe the smile off my face.  :-D

Mackinac359

• Red Oval obsessed for over 35 years!
    • Tims Trucks - The Obsession
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
Paul welcome to forum!

Tim

sagehornp

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »
A hearty welcome to Hanks.  :-) Being a fan of both shows back in the day i always manage a smile when i think of all the episodes i watched with my son. Got to see the BJ & the Bear truck at the Denver Stock Show & Rodeo in the late '70's and also met Greg Evigan & the chimp too.  8-) Maybe the best surprise as far as truck fanning was when i spotted your COE at a jersey Pike rest area back in July 2007.  :-o Made my day & nothing that happened at work could wipe the smile off my face.  :-D

Hey Charlie,

That truck is in New Jersey now. I sold it to a guy last August. Thanks for the nice comments.

Paul

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 02:11:01 PM »
Thanks Paul - like i said it really surprised me & made my day. If i can find the thread i'll post the link. What part of Jersey is the truck in now? :?

krooser

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
Hey Paul....This is Rick (formerly of the Iola old Car Show staff) ... It's about time you made it over here! Welcome aboard!

Wings2Wheels

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
Thanks Paul - like i said it really surprised me & made my day. If i can find the thread i'll post the link. What part of Jersey is the truck in now? :?

Hey Charlie -

The truck is in north-central NJ in the Somerville/Hillsborough area. 

I'm privileged to be the new owner.  Paul and Craig Sagehorn took great care of it for quite a few years, and now it's my turn.

The truck will be making the rounds at a few shows this summer; two off the top of my head are the East Coast Large Cars show at the New Jersey Fairgrounds in Augusta June 13, and the 33rd Diesel Truckin' Nationals at Englishtown/Raceway Park in September.  I think the date is September 19th, but double check me to be sure.

The only change (besides lube, oil and filters) that I've done so far is to install a C.B. and put the same 'Billie Joe McKay' lettering on the doors as Paul currently has on his restored original truck.

Hope to see you at one of the shows!

Ray F

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »
Hey Charlie -

The truck is in north-central NJ in the Somerville/Hillsborough area. 

I'm privileged to be the new owner.  Paul and Craig Sagehorn took great care of it for quite a few years, and now it's my turn.

The truck will be making the rounds at a few shows this summer; two off the top of my head are the East Coast Large Cars show at the New Jersey Fairgrounds in Augusta June 13, and the 33rd Diesel Truckin' Nationals at Englishtown/Raceway Park in September.  I think the date is September 19th, but double check me to be sure.

The only change (besides lube, oil and filters) that I've done so far is to install a C.B. and put the same 'Billie Joe McKay' lettering on the doors as Paul currently has on his restored original truck.

Hope to see you at one of the shows!
Theres a ATCA Truck show on June 20th in Macungie PA  :-D :-D BEAUTIFUL Truck BTW  :-o :-o

charlie

• Regular Membership
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 01:30:55 AM »
Wings2Wheels

I'll catch up to you & the truck at Englishtown for sure.  :-) Any chance of you bringing it out to Macungie on June 20th for that show?  :?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:03:01 AM by charlie »

buster

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 10:56:23 AM »
I USED TO WATCH BOTH SHOW WHEN I WAS KID. THAT BEEN A LONG TIME GO.

ParkinLot

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 12:19:42 PM »
Hi guys! What a thrill it would be to own either of those rigs. I should change my name to "Green With Envy".  :-D

Wings2Wheels

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »
Hey guys -

Even though my truck is not an original from the show, I do consider it a privilege to own a classic 1984 Kenworth K100 Aerodyne painted as a 'BJ and the Bear' replica.

Paul's dad Craig told me I wouldn't believe the amount of folks who would come up to me and ask me about it, and especially wouldn't believe the amount of chatter it would stir up on the C.B.

He was absolutely correct on both counts.

I thought I was one of very few people who was really into the old t.v. show, or even remembered it - I guess I couldn't have been more wrong.

I spent my early formative years watching the adventures of BJ and that big red and white truck, and wondering how he was so lucky to have all these beautiful women around all the time.  Then I'd go with my grandpa to deliver steel in an old R model Mack to NYC, and I'd wonder where BJ was (and all those hot women!)  My grandfather probably got sick and tired of me asking those questions time and time again, but he never said anything other than, "Keep your eyes peeled!"

The biggest thrill for me was to watch people looking at the Sagehorn's original restored BJ and the Bear truck at the Waupun, Wisconsin truck show last summer.  That was when it hit me that a lot more people than I thought remember the show, and it was great to talk with all of them.

I'm setting up to run the truck so it pays for itself (and hopefully, provides some income) - whether I lease on with someone or run under my own authority is yet to be seen.  It's going to need paint, maintenance, an interior eventually...and who knows what else.

But the biggest payoff is meeting and talking with people who have a love for older trucks and the BJ and the Bear show.  To me, that makes it all worth it.  Looking forward to meeting some of you at the shows this summer.

Oh, as far as the Macungie show - that is going to depend on whether we leave for the annual family Wildwood vacation on the 20th or the 21st....

kwkid

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
that wouldnt be wildwood fla would it
lol only wildwood i knew of  plus its only about 40 miles south of me lol ok later all
kwkid in ocala fla

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs