If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree vs. Titletown Trucker's Showdown  (Read 1851 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree vs. Titletown Trucker's Showdown
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »
I am hoping to be able to attend one - or maybe both - of these two shows this summer...

http://www.iowa80truckstop.com/Truckers-Jamboree
http://www.titletowntruckersshowdown.org/

The annoying thing is that both shows are held the same weekend. :roll: However, they are so close that if push came to shove, I'd be able to do a day, day and a half at Walcott, and then high-tail it to Green Bay, WI, and get maybe a day, day and a half there. The most ideal would be to stay at one place, though...

So, I have two questions:
1) Will anyone here be attending either of these shows?
2) Can anyone give me recommendations as to which show is the better one? Which one has the most trucks, etc. Any and all opinions welcome.  :wink:

Thanks,
Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Hank's Truck Forum

Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree vs. Titletown Trucker's Showdown
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree vs. Titletown Trucker's Showdown
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:48 AM »
Thanks for your comments, guys!

Terry, I am going by myself this time.  :wink: I was really wanting to go to Waupun, but as it turned out, I had already booked return tickets from Boise at about the same time the Waupun show is held, so...  :| I am definitely doing Walcott, though - already booked a room at the Days Inn for that - and am also thinking about high-tailing it up to Green Bay, although right now I'm thinking I'd rather relax and have a good time at one show instead of running my butt off trying to fit in both shows. So most likely it'll be just Walcott. If you'd be able to make that show, Terry, that would be very, very cool!  :-D

Bill, good point on the other truck stops at exit 292, I haven't actually stopped there before... may decide to do that this time, I think.  :wink:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

DIESEL-FUMES

• "FOREVER A FIFTH WHEEL FREAK"
    • Family Story
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:33:50 AM »

Jan.
I'll meet you at Walcott. Specially Since my trip to Mats took a belly flop" I'll send you a pm with the details...

Terry      :mrgreen:

Ps don't waste your time with titletown. talked to a friend of mine who was there last year and he said it was not a good show
Truck Pictures by Terry W.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Sams%20page.htm

"Preserving The History of Trucking Through Photography"

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:23 AM »
Looking forward to that, Terry! And thanks for the heads up on Titletown there, you've made me 100% sure I'll concentrate on Walcott instead.  :wink:

Jan.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:23 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs