If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Better or worse?  (Read 3429 times)

Fuller

Better or worse?
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »
It depends whom you ask.

Some of the newer trucks I've seen are designed for females.  I couldn't believe it when I looked down and saw three pedals smaller and closer together than what I would expect in a Mazda car!

Can the steering wheel get any smaller also?

Can the hood get any lower?

Trucks these days are designed for women and girly type men.  There is no doubt about it.

Don't get me wrong!  I still prefer air-ride suspension!

The rest of the design is garbage.

Hank's Truck Forum

Better or worse?
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Fuller

Re: Better or worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:15:08 AM »
Now, in my opinion, this is a real hood.  Not one that slopes down for aerodynamics.  Not one that stays flat like 379, but one that actually slopes up (for no real reason whatsoever).

It just looks good.

Fuller

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 02:29:14 AM »
A couple of these tractors were regularly parked in a yard in Burnaby that I used to deal with.  Day cabs mostly owned by the movie Teamsters.  The top of their hoods was taller than me.  Old school...  Complete with dual outside aircleaners not chromed, but original black.

Alan Drake

• Regular Membership
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:00:22 AM »
 And fit a wind up gramaphone on the dash instead of a radio,  Hey ho Fred Flintstone and Dinosaur Trucking lives on.

ParkinLot

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
I'm with Fuller all the way. Call me a caveman or a knuckle dragger if ya want but I like what I like. Oddly, enough I prefer the shorter hoods on the KW and the Pete though. Like a W900B or a 378 or 359. To me those are all perfect. In terms of big horsepower and air ride the newer trucks are much better than the older. Can you imagine the whinin' we'd do if we only had 250 HP, no AC, no stereo, and no air ride?  :roll: The old school drivers are/were much tougher than us, true pioneers.  :wink:

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs