If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Re: Sloatsburg N.Y. rest area, N.Y. S. Thruway  (Read 4046 times)

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
Re: Sloatsburg N.Y. rest area, N.Y. S. Thruway
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
Looks like someone needs to organize "Slurpies in Sloatsburg."  Or maybe "Burgers and Floats......"

Nice to see Fortin maintaining their unique livery.  They seem to stay over on the east coast corridors.

Hank's Truck Forum

« on: February 22, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »
They actually ran ships up the Hudson River to Albany? Seems odd with all the easily accessable ports.

It was either Jake Mulder or Ol' TC who told me that the Zavitz Bros turnpike doubles operation was only to Albany. The Hudson River is deep enough and the bridges all high enough to handle ocean ships as far as Albany.
These seem to be the Montreal based trucks. Toronto trucks head up through Pennsylvania and cross into the bottom of New York State to get to either Buffalo or Niagara Falls to cross the border.
Fortin stays on the Quebec corridor Paul. I can't remember seeing one around Toronto.
It might be other produce than stricly bananas. I don''t know whether they show the COUNTRY OF ORIGIN of the produce in the stores in your area but they do here.
Right now, besides bananas there are grapes from Brazil, plums and peaches from Chile and blueberries and blackberries from Chile as well.
I imagine that Zav-Cor, GZL and K.A.M. are all hauling up from the NYC area to Toronto.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:21:03 AM by Rob Archer »

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs