If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Roll off trucks(add your pics)  (Read 50514 times)

Maurizio

• Jesus is the way and the truth and the life.John14
    • http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/maurice273/AndersonWebb.jpg
Re: Roll off trucks(add your pics)
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 05:40:58 AM »
The New Macks we are getting.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 05:40:58 AM »

Maurizio

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 05:46:22 AM »
Speaking of roll-offs... I've heard Waste Management is owned by the Mafia.  Anybody else ever heard that?

I work there and heard the same thing.  one thing I know for sure they are very cheap.

bub72ck

• Boy we're famous now!!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 04:40:29 PM »

D50

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »
I was looking through some of the pics I've taken over the last year and found this one. It's nothing fancy, but has a nice clean look to it. Although I'm not much of a fan of Sterling, I think this one looks good. I'll try to post more later on.

wbache

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 04:08:30 AM »

I have never seen a roll-off out here that would be considered a show truck but there are a number of heavy duty units such as this one traveling the 605 on 2-9-09

treemendous

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 05:50:30 AM »
Hey MAURIZIO which yard do you work at?? I also drive for WM and I'll second the cheap comment ( but I also thoght it was our tight site manager), we are supposed to get a new roll off this summer? which might mean next summer you never know till it shows up, never heard any talk of an automatic ?? Do you drive these auto's? I've driven  automatic front end and various garbage and recycle trucks but don't know how well they would pull a heavy grocery store compactor? By the way great picture of your equipment we have a tri axle RD model (mine) and a tandem set back axle RB model both are 2000's. and still in good shape but high mileage and hours.
Steve

treemendous

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »
Here are a few that I drive,
Steve
Typical early winter, box scrape everytime till complete freeze up. My RD Model
  DM model
Newer FL model. I drove at a truck rodeo.
RB on a Freezing rain day at a Canadian Tire store.
A spare Truck S2600, I thing this truck was recently sold for scrap.
My regular Truck.
RB Model in our Yard.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:41:25 PM by treemendous »

Maurizio

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 04:13:59 PM »
Hey MAURIZIO which yard do you work at?? I also drive for WM and I'll second the cheap comment ( but I also thoght it was our tight site manager), we are supposed to get a new roll off this summer? which might mean next summer you never know till it shows up, never heard any talk of an automatic ?? Do you drive these auto's? I've driven  automatic front end and various garbage and recycle trucks but don't know how well they would pull a heavy grocery store compactor? By the way great picture of your equipment we have a tri axle RD model (mine) and a tandem set back axle RB model both are 2000's. and still in good shape but high mileage and hours.
Steve

I work out of Newark  New Jersey. roll off only we have same packers for recycle America. they where saying we where getting 12 new trucks and now its only 4 we have same very bad old trucks. if you drove that DM I feel bad for your back. this is the frist time we are trying out the automatic. we don't think its going to work out on the land fill to go. the old trucks are better then the new trucks the new trucks are brakeing down all the time. we have 3 DM most or RD and the new Macks. are you out of Canada?

treemendous

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »
I work out of Newark  New Jersey. roll off only we have same packers for recycle America. they where saying we where getting 12 new trucks and now its only 4 we have same very bad old trucks. if you drove that DM I feel bad for your back. this is the frist time we are trying out the automatic. we don't think its going to work out on the land fill to go. the old trucks are better then the new trucks the new trucks are brakeing down all the time. we have 3 DM most or RD and the new Macks. are you out of Canada?
Yes I'm out of a small yard in eastern Ontario, about 30 minutes west of Ottawa which has a large yard but only does commerical. We have 15 drivers, 2 managers,2 mechanics and 3 MRF workers plus a couple of labour ready agency guys. We run 2 front ends, 2 roll offs, 9 recycle, 1 rear pack and 1 side load garbage truck. When I started there was 22 drivers but we lost a few residential garbage contracts. Does your yard just do commerical?  The yard in Ottawa had over 250 drivers but they lost all the residential contracts 2 years ago and had a huge layoff,  there are about 30 commerical drivers left and 4 mechanics now. At our yard we cover a large rural area most days 400 to 600 kilometers and 10 to 12 hours each day.  Keep in touch.
Steve   

Escape02

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 11:59:41 PM »
Figured I would bring this thread back.  Got this one at the Mack dealer in Fogelsville (Allentown), PA.

wbache

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 02:52:55 AM »

A Pete I caught yesterday 3-16-09 southbound on the 605

Primetom77

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 03:36:11 PM »
Likin the the Granite :-D

I got some new ones just gotta stop bein lazy and get the camera out of the truck
Pickin' em up and Puttin' em down!!

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
You don't usually see one with a sleeper.  This one was headed west on US422 near Portersville, Pa on 6/30/08.  I'm not sure of the company.

Primetom77

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 01:48:19 PM »
Some new ones

Pickin' em up and Puttin' em down!!

D50

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »
A couple from the last few months.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »