If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: New Year's coal buckets.  (Read 1791 times)

bub72ck

• Boy we're famous now!!!!
New Year's coal buckets.
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
Here is a group of coal buckets to finish out 2008.  Mostly KWs but a Pete and Star throw in there as well.

Hank's Truck Forum

New Year's coal buckets.
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »

MT9931

Re: New Year's coal buckets.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:41:43 PM »
It amazes me that coal buckets are pulled by such nice trucks when those loggers up your way rely on a 20 year old relic thats probably just as tuff. I'm kinda of patial to the strait truck coal buckets like Mack DM800's, RD800's, old Autocars and IH Paystars. That spot where you get the shots seems to be pretty busy. Thanks for sharing.

bub72ck

• Boy we're famous now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:11:03 AM »
It amazes me that coal buckets are pulled by such nice trucks when those loggers up your way rely on a 20 year old relic thats probably just as tuff. I'm kinda of patial to the strait truck coal buckets like Mack DM800's, RD800's, old Autocars and IH Paystars. That spot where you get the shots seems to be pretty busy. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking.  The reason most of the coal trucks are so new is the money is so good.  When new mines open up and a trucking outfit has a contract with that mining company they just buy new trucks to haul the new coal.  Don't want to run the risk of losing hauls to somebody else.

The loggers have it a little tougher I would think.  But, there are some nice loggers around here too that I will get for you.  I haven't forgotten...   :-D

Most of these trucks are owned by the same company.  The train tipple is about 1/2 mile away.  The trucks are traveling from various mines in the area and this is the fastest route to unload.  If you look at the "More Coal Buckets" thread from Dec. 6 pic #2 (Red KW from far away) was taken as the truck is leaving the rail tipple.

OK I'll shut up now...   :roll:

MT9931

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »
I'm long winded too. If you have any interest in concrete trucks I have a website www.allreadymix.com .Got over 300 photos on it now but need to reorganize it. I work for the Fla Rock Div. of Vulcan Materials. They just bought us a year ago. They have a few quarries up your way.  Mixers have been my passion since I was a kid. Dumps and log trucks too. I actually saw a "coal bucket" today but down here we use them for garbage hauling to regional dumps.   

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs