If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Frito Lay  (Read 38089 times)

Jimmy B

Frito Lay
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »
Was out running errands Saturday and visited some of my spots where I want to catch trucks that are on my want list. Was rewarded by finding this Frito Lay combination which runs out of Utah. Thought I'd share it on Hanks...

Hank's Truck Forum

Frito Lay
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
Re: Frito Lay
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 01:16:52 PM »
Great shot Jimmy! I love Frito Lay trailers. BTW, both trailers are Kentucky-built units.
Thanks for sharing.

Jimmy B

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »
Great shot Jimmy! I love Frito Lay trailers. BTW, both trailers are Kentucky-built units.
Thanks for sharing.

I didn't get out to see, but that doesn't surprise me that they are Kentucky-built seeing how Kentucky builds use to build so many bed bug trailers. These seem so close to them...

Thanks for the information.

I was going to post this in Walt's Frito-Lay thread but he'd put a date in the subject line. I enjoyed the OT comments on snake foods. As a cub scout I toured the Ganny Goose Patato Chip factory in the 1950s. It's hard to find these chips now days...

Jimmy B

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
Thought I'd bring back this thread rather that start another.

I caught this International with a single pup Sat at Boomtown.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »
Interesting to see this white truck with the snow covered background.

The last time  i was walking the truck parking lot at the Irving Big Stop in St-Liboire I took this new Dodge Sprinter who was unloading in the back of the general store.  Quite interesting graphic on his sides.

Ray F

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
Interesting to see this white truck with the snow covered background.

The last time  i was walking the truck parking lot at the Irving Big Stop in St-Liboire I took this new Dodge Sprinter who was unloading in the back of the general store.  Quite interesting graphic on his sides.

I have been Trying to Catch one of these For The Last couple Months  :-o :-o Around here They also use the Ford E350 Cut-away Cab & Chassis as well  :-D

Below 30

• Video games for life.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
Just a great picture RedStapler.
When skills ruled.

-30-

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »
I have been Trying to Catch one of these For The Last couple Months  :-o :-o Around here They also use the Ford E350 Cut-away Cab & Chassis as well  :-D

They have 2 or 3 of the Sprinters at the Sparks facility.  I'll have to poke around the archives and find a shot.

RedStapler

• Not Sure-Camacho 2016
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »
Eureka!

I caught these back in April, I had to poke around the virtiual archives to find them. 

From the dual plates on the Sprinter I'm guessing it draws the longest routes into Rural CA.

Chris_E

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 07:38:46 PM »
Nice shots, Red.  That one Ford looks like a motor home. :-D
The foot turned to the horse, the horse to the carriage, the carriage to the train, and the train to the truck.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Jimmy B

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 09:40:06 AM »
That unit must be a rough rider, it's bounce showed up in your photo!<LOL> There is no photo shop fix for that rough ride!<LOL>

Jimmy B

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »
Hehehe, good one, Jimmy! :-D Yeah, it's not one of my best pics, but thought the unit was interesting enough to post nonetheless. Haven't seen many of those Argosies running around for Frito Lay, but then I haven't spent too much time over on the left coast, I guess...  :wink:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Jimmy B

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »
Hehehe, good one, Jimmy! :-D Yeah, it's not one of my best pics, but thought the unit was interesting enough to post nonetheless. Haven't seen many of those Argosies running around for Frito Lay, but then I haven't spent too much time over on the left coast, I guess...  :wink:

Jan.

Couldn't pass up the chance at some humor! I don't know how it is now, but up until recently, last year or so, this distribution center got loads from Utah and California here in Sparks. In passing the hotel where they stay, I've not seen on of their Argosys. So good catch. The other day caught one of their used drop fram trailers going by, was thinking about posting it in the trailer section for JLB.

Hopefully you'll have some time to spend on the left coast next trip.

Jimmy B

John L. Becker

• Regular Membership
    • The Official Cyber Home of Acme Trailer Works!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »
The other day caught one of their used drop fram trailers going by, was thinking about posting it in the trailer section for JLB.

I'll be waiting!  :-D :-D :-D

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs