If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Rest Rite Sleepers  (Read 13777 times)

WesV

Re: Rest Rite Sleepers
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 03:33:13 AM »
Here's one used on a wrecker, and one of my favorite trucks, the Brockway SFA 300 series, a 360 I think.  This was shot on the Pa Turnpike near Warrendale about 1990. With big square fuel tanks and stacks behind the sleeper, things can't get much cooler. :-D

This is a sexy truck if I have ever seen one!!  I can't stand most R model Macks because of the headlights, but I love the Brockways and this example is just awesome

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 03:33:13 AM »

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 01:06:01 AM »
There were a couple of Macks at a show i went to last Saturday that had Rest Rite Sleepers including this sharp Superliner from Cornwall Springs ON.

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »
This Rest Rite was still trucking  3/30/12 on this Mack from Pittsburgh based Allegheny Petroleum

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »
I was kicking myself for not taking a detail shot of their logo when I had the chance.  I even went back to try and find the Macks but had no luck.  Then on 11/9/08 I found this 9300 International sitting in a lot in Elizabeth, Pa and was able to knock that one off of my to-do list.

I really like the looks of this ol' binder. Is it for sale?

I've been past it a couple of times recently, including this past Sunday, and it's been sitting with a For Sale sign on it.

Paystar

• Regular Membership
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 11:43:47 PM »
I see lots of Mack's here with Rest Rite sleeper but I'm wondering.....I drove a few 87/88 R Models that had Alumi Bunks with the stack cutouts. Were the bunk suppliers a regional thing?

Also did Rest Rite build all the CH bunks for Mack, of just aftermarket? I had a 2000 CH with the 70" midrise and wondering if they were built by Mack or someone else?
The New Generation: 'You have what we call an irrational sense of entitlement. It won't kill you, but it will cause you to believe that you deserve top pay for doing nothing.'

Paul Kane

• Regular Membership
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2017, 11:04:15 PM »
The same AP unit and Rest Rite sleeper were still truckin' at the end of 2016, seen here heading west on US30 in Irwin PA back on 12/23.

JJG

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »
I missed this post way back when it was started, good to know on the early Rest Rite series, I was going to say the Road Boss Whites reminded me of Detroit Pittsburgh, I remember seeing quite a few of those taking the short cut thru Canada, Buffalo to Pt. Huron, quite the variety of rigs back then.

Awesome build on that model Paul!

Jim

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:53 AM »