If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: More coal buckets  (Read 3976 times)

bub72ck

• Boy we're famous now!!!!
More coal buckets
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:05:26 AM »
If anybody is tired of these let me know...  :-D

There is one 2009 KW in this batch.  Starting to see more of these now.

Hank's Truck Forum

More coal buckets
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:05:26 AM »

passengers seat trucker

• Regular Membership
    • My myspace page
Re: More coal buckets
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »
If anybody is tired of these let me know...  :-D

No,  more would be better.   :-D

Nice pics by the way

bub72ck

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:04:35 AM »
No,  more would be better.   :-D

Nice pics by the way

Thanks.  I'm trying to take better photos.  The camera I use is pretty slow so its hard to get them centered and in focus.

I will probably start filtering the coal photos some.  I have so many pics of W900 daycabs that they all look the same.  There are a few rarer ones that need to be caught though.

passengers seat trucker

• Regular Membership
    • My myspace page
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »
Well after Santa drops off my new present I am going to make a trip up and catch some Pennsylvania coal buckets.   But my old camera was great with motion shots but a mishap in Afghanistan and that ended my Canon.  But I believe my sis got me one close to the old one.

MT9931

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »
Do you ever run across log trucks up your way? I know Tennessee, N. Georgia, Kentucky, West Virginia, all through the Appalachans, you see short hardwood log trucks. All are unique, seldom any look the same and it's always interesting how shops fabricate the log bunks, cab protector and sometime put together pup trailers. Im not tired of the coal buckets though.

Eric (ep)

• Friend Of Coal
    • The Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »
I'm not tired of them either  :-D ...Do you ever run the US-23 between Pikeville, KY to Louisa, KY? Right now the coal stock pile season is at its peak right now with coal buckets one after another. I ran thru there this morning.  8-) Great pics by the way bub  8-)

COAL, Keeps The Lights On!

bub72ck

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 06:13:13 PM »
Do you ever run across log trucks up your way? I know Tennessee, N. Georgia, Kentucky, West Virginia, all through the Appalachans, you see short hardwood log trucks. All are unique, seldom any look the same and it's always interesting how shops fabricate the log bunks, cab protector and sometime put together pup trailers. Im not tired of the coal buckets though.

I do see a lot of loggers.  They are all different and most are the straight jobs with a lift axle and a homemade pup.  Here is an older Mack I caught last week. 

Here is a Freightliner Classic with a Pitts Trailer

Here is an older Ford with a pup.

bub72ck

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
I'm not tired of them either  :-D ...Do you ever run the US-23 between Pikeville, KY to Louisa, KY? Right now the coal stock pile season is at its peak right now with coal buckets one after another. I ran thru there this morning.  8-) Great pics by the way bub  8-)

The only time I am up that way is driving to the in-laws house in southern Ohio.  Right before you get to the power plant (with the large cooling towers) there is a pretty good size mine.  If you head up there around 3 in the afternoon the coal buckets will be lined up waiting to unload.  One day I counted atleast 60!  All the drivers were out talking because of the wait time.  One of the coolest things I have seen.  That's a great place to spot good looking coal buckets too.  Lots of Petes with big sleepers and loud jakes, tons of new 389s, and one fleet (Danco) has about 30 Coronado daycabs.

MT9931

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 06:45:11 AM »
That's what I'm talking about! Love those log trucks. I'm in North Florida and my job takes me into SW Georgia and there are a few old short log trucks running around in that area, though they are rare. The few I see are the ony ones I keep coming across. Thanks for posting the log trucks, if you post more I'll certainly appreciate them.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 06:45:11 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs