If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Difference in Peterbilt trucks  (Read 5304 times)

peterbilt1993

Difference in Peterbilt trucks
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:43:29 AM »
Well im just wondering what everyone thinks of how peterbilts have changed...have they changed for the good? i think that their acually a lil worse the pete 389 isnt my fav...i think they turned what was suppose to be a classic and traditional model into a space ship...the 389 exterior isnt bad of course but man the inside is like your in a space ship....so idk i love the late 80s...early to late 90s petes with the old dashboards...not the round ones...but whatever gimmie ur thoughts..

Hank's Truck Forum

Difference in Peterbilt trucks
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:43:29 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

norseman

• Administrator
Re: Difference in Peterbilt trucks
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »
I guess I can mention what I was told by two owner operators I talked to up in Iowa on my trip last fall. One of them owned an early 90s or so flattop 379, that he had bought from the other guy. The other guy, as it were, owned a new 379, '06 or so, with a standup. He missed his old flattop so much that he had sold the new standup, and was in the process of buying an older flattop again. Why, you ask? He cited that he disliked the interior, and especially the build quality of the interior, of the newer one. More squeaks and rattles, etc. Both these guys agreed that Pete hadn't moved in the right direction with regard to quality.

Personally, I prefer the look of the new ones, both inside and out, but then I am a bit weird.  :roll: :wink:

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

peterbilt1993

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
told ya older ones rock!! lol yeah we all have our own opinions about everything but ill stick with the 90s petes

countryhauler

• Loud pipes save lives!
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »
Yeah, same dude, the only thing I really hate about the new 389s, beside the interior :roll: is the stupid headlights! There the same as the ones on the 387, that's just wrong!!! they should have just stuck with the older ones used on the 379X

ParkinLot

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »
Older! The older the better!  :-D Based on looks alone anyway. A flat top 359 with the 'Vette dash is my kinda truck. The newer interiors are cheaper to manufacture and it shows...I don't like 'em. As Countryhauler said, those new headlights are ugly and defnately not how a Pete should look. I like the round singles the most, then the smaller round doubles, then the larger square singles, and finally the double rectangles....the new ones don't make the list 'cause I don't like 'em at all.

mjgonehunting

• Regular Membership
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:39:39 AM »
I just made the maiden voyage with a 388 roll off truck with a Cummins yesterday,and got 1 pickup made before it developed emissions problems!
I'ld take our old 2001, or better yet an early 80s 379 over a new one any day!
Can't beat the old flat dsh!
In the dusty conditions I work in daily,it's murder just to keep all the nooks and crannies on the newer dash clean!

Dan Burkhart

• Regular Membership
  • Oakville Ontario
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:26:36 AM »
I just made the maiden voyage with a 388 roll off truck with a Cummins yesterday,and got 1 pickup made before it developed emissions problems!
I'ld take our old 2001, or better yet an early 80s 379 over a new one any day!
Can't beat the old flat dsh!
In the dusty conditions I work in daily,it's murder just to keep all the nooks and crannies on the newer dash clean!
If it's early 80s, it will be a 359.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:26:36 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs